Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm Baaack! Thanks to Dewey and Readathon.


Not that I was ever really away, but my focus was on other things.  My weight loss journey is going well, but it's a long one and I've decided that I have time to blog about both.  Which is crazy, since I just started an intense 6 week course to be come a CNA (or nurse assistant depending on what you prefer to call it).  But I totally aced my first test today, so I'm feeling confident.  The book club I started months ago is flourishing, and I'm having a blast reading book after book.

The main reason I'm reason I'm back is that the next Readathon is October 9th.  For those of you who may not know, Dewey was an amazing book blogger who hosted the very first 24hr readathon and started a tradition of the best 48hrs you could spend in a year (there's a readathon in October and April).  Sadly, Dewey is no longer among us.  I actually never even knew her.  I was working on some project, looking for book related activities when I stumbled upon her readathon.  At the time I had no clue what it was, other than the fact that it sounded like fun, and I had no idea about book blogging at all.

But I book marked the link and the site stayed in my mind.

I started my book blog around this time last year, excited to have re-discovered the Readathon site- which is what spurred me to start this crazy blog.  The realization that I missed out on knowing Dewey saddened me, but I love that in such a short time in the blogasphere she made such a lasting impression.  What a beautiful legacy to leave behind. And for those bloggers that continue in her name I have only the highest respect and gratitude.  The readathon is a super fun event for us readers, but there's so much work behind the scenes to make it happen.  Thank you all, and thanks to the cheerleaders who keep us readers awake and motivated.

I'll post my picture of my pile of books soon, but until then, what are you planning on reading?  I have some spooky tales to get me in the Halloween spirit! And even though I have plenty of books to get me thru the next 50 readathons, I'm always looking for that perfect read.    Anything suggestions?





Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear from you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! It's really wonderful to be back. I lurked a bit, but it's overwhelming when you get that far behind in google reader! I'm attempting to catch up though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you are back!!! Sounds like a lot of exciting things happening. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I said, I am going to Plano to visit my little sister on the 9th-10th so I wont be able to participate in this read-a-thon. But I'm sure with all your pestering I'll be able to work something out in April

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva