Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are... They're on my iPod


Last night I was tired.  My niece Sam was spending the night, so I was trying to stay up late but just couldn't do it as I had stayed up with her until 4am the previous evening.  Hubs had already gone to bed, but the thought of not being able to read a few chapters of a book had me bummed.  So I logged on to iTunes to see about some audio books.  Because the movie version of Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak is coming out soon, iTunes was advertising the audiobook for less than a dollar.  So I bought it.

I wasn't expecting much from the audio version, since the pictures are what makes up half the entertainment of the story, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The narrator did a great job of reading the story, and there was just enough background music to compliment but not overwhelm the narration.  They also have several Shel Silverstein books on iTunes, but you can buy the poems individually and I was thinking of all the awesome playlists I could make my future children. 


I also downloaded the first book of Charlaine Harris' Harper Connelly series, Grave Sight.  I'm glad I checked on Amazon though and read the comments on the iTunes pages first because they have the first book labeled as the third book and vice versa.  I would have been pretty mad had I spent the money only to find myself with the third book- I hate reading series out of order.  I didn't get to it last night, but the hubs and I are heading down to Kill Devil Hills, NC for our 7th anniversary on Monday, so I'm taking Grave Sight and few other books to read on our mini vacation.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I would never have thought about getting Where the Wild Things Are in audio! My older two kids loved the book, but my youngest one is very sensitive to pictures and "scary" things, so I haven't introduced him to it yet. I should check out the audiobook, because maybe he could get started by listening to that, without the pictures first.

    I read Grave Sight last year, and enjoyed it. Such an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look and sound great. I only have Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series and need to get started on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle- let me know if you download it and if your child likes it!

    Alice- I've read the entire Sookie series, but it took me probably until the 3rd book to really like the series, and then the 4th book hooked me. I'm just not a fan of Vampire Bill... I look forward to hearing how you like the series though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva