Saturday, November 5, 2011

Epic Write-A-Thon

Today I'm taking part in Fake Steph's Epic Write-A-Thon!

It's 24 hours of writing, and it's a great way to jump start my NaNoWriMo novel, since I'm already behind word count.

I will not be writing all 24 hours of the Write-A-Thon, I've still got sinusitis, so I'm going to bed at some point.  But I am going for a word count.

As of now (a few minutes before Write-A-Thon begins) my word count is: 3198

I'm hoping for at least an additional 10,000 words today.  I'll be updating this post throughout today in order not to flood your Google Reader with my pathetic attempts at playing Stephen King for the day.

Let's make this happen!

Hours 1-3- went pretty well, I'm now at 6461 for word count, hours 1 and 3 being the best (2 was dedicated to eating breakfast and seeing the Hubs off to work).

It's now Hour 4, but I think I'm going to take a break to shower and walk to the post office.  I'm trying not get off my butt every once in awhile. 
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Kate!

    I feel like I might be getting sick too. And I'm staying up at Mary and David's house for the weekend so I don't even have my netti pot near by to help fight off those evil germs!

    I'm going to write a quick post on my blog and then get started. I'll check in with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennie!

    Good luck to you too, Bittner! I've already written over 3000 words, but I need to shower and walk to the post office, so I'll probably take Hour 4 off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I wasn't able to do it this year : (

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva