Friday, February 17, 2012

Computer Stand and Plans

So I recently moved.  I'm still in the major unpacking stage, and while we moved from a large apartment to a slightly larger house, my mom now shares the space with us.  Fitting in the things we used to have was difficult.  The Hubs sacrificed his mammoth corner desk, but appropriated my simple small desk.  We really don't have room for another desk unless I squeeze it into the bedroom, but I don't like to be shut off from the world when I'm online, which is often. 

My mom spent a lot of time in the hospital and rehab, so I got inspired by all the nurses and doctors that use computer stands.  After searching on Amazon I found one that fits my needs and it came today (thank you Amazon Prime!).  So here it is:
It's super mobile and I can use it anywhere!  I'm particularly looking forward to the next Readathon in April, so I can sit on the couch or bed and blog/tweet whilst reading without moving a muscle.  It doesn't show up well in the picture (taken on my phone and artfully set so you can't see all the boxes cluttering up the new place), but the desk is dark cherry wood, not black like it looks in this light. 

And don't be impressed by all the shelf space you see behind the new desk, I'm still unpacking my thousands of boxes of books and the shelves in the living room will be color coordinated again once I'm done. 

I am proud to say that I've culled my books somewhat, donating several boxes of books to Goodwill so far, with another full box ready to go.  Four large bookshelves and two small ones should really be enough even for this book hoarder, especially since I own both a Kindle and a Nook (although the Hubs has taken over ownership of the Nook Color, which he will rectify come May when he buys me the Kindle Fire for my birthday :). 

My future blog plans:
~Catching up on reviews, but Partials by Dan Well should be up this weekend.
~Posting a giveaway of a signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (once I unpack that box, although thankfully the box is clearly marked).
~ Thinking about hosting a Stephen King read-a-long because for Valentines Day the Hubs got me this:
 So I thought maybe I'd do a read-along of these three books, since they'd also qualify (at least for me) for my Baby Read Me, 1 More Time challenge.
~Right now, I'm going to curl up and watch this:
 Found this at our beach house over the summer, while the movie was still in the theaters.  I assumed it was in Spanish, so whilst I snagged it I never bothered to check it until the other night.  Loved the book, and I'm finally ready to give the movie a try.  So wine, Valentine's chocolate (also given to me by the Hubs, along with a beautiful vase of roses and a pretty purple flower that I don't know the name of.  And a balloon.  The balloon is important.  I love balloons and wish people would give them more often.  No, I don't have a helium addiction.)

So what are your immediate plans (blog or otherwise)?  Let me know if the Stephen King Read-A-Long interests any of you.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I really need something like this. I could use my rolly chair and then I'd never have to leave my computer again. I'd just roll around the house when I need something. Hahaha, you are a bad influence, Kate! Hope all the unpacking stuff goes well. I'm supposed to be moving to a new apartment this summer, so I'm really not looking forward to packing everything up. The rolly chair and computer stand will definitely come in handy there! ;) Oh, and I can't believe you have a signed The Fault in Our Stars! SO JEALOUS!


    Lilly @ BookLungs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That computer stand thing is a great idea! And yeah, it'll be great for that readathon! Have fun unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar computer stand that I use all the time! I don't think I'll be joining you for the Stephen King read a long but I am looking forward to the read a thon in April! I need to find out when it is so that I can make sure to schedule myself off for it asap!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva