Sunday, December 6, 2009

Shadow On The Dial


I read this book a million years ago when I was mostly just a 10pmBookGirl.  I remember loving it, so I actually bought it just to re-read for October's readathon.  Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Shadow On The Dial by Anne Lindbergh

The book hasn't aged so well, but I still love the idea behind the book.  Dawn and Marcus are forced to spend a summer with Great Uncle Doo in his crappy Florida apartment while their parents go on a good vacation.  Dawn is a bit of an idiot, and Marcus is supposed to be smart for his age although I'm not buying that.  Just because you state that it doesn't make it true.  Somehow the kids get involved with a Time Traveling bald dude and end up going back in time to help Uncle Doo find happiness- which involves playing a flute.  No, I am not making this up.  Hi-jinks ensue.  The dynamic duo have to keep going back in time (and also in the future) to fix the mistakes they continuously make.  But in doing so they find happiness for their uncle and realize they have a lot of work ahead of them to change the dismal outlook of their own future.  Plus Marcus and Dawn learn to get along!

Would I recommend this book to you, faithful reader?  Probably not.  For me it has sentimental value, and I'd probably enjoy sharing it with my younger nieces and nephews.

Midnight Book Rating: 7pm- read it before the good shows come on... or the mediocre shows (read at 6pm if you're not on the East Coast).


***I will be traveling back to Oklahoma starting this evening.  My father in law passed away unexpectedly.  He will be greatly missed.***

Pin It!

1 comment:

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva