Friday, December 4, 2009

I Wish I Had An Uncle Montague!


Yes, faithful readers, it's been a long time since I blogged about an actual book I read.  Last month was fail for me in the reading books category, but writing was a win.  Luckily for me as I was too lazy to blog about the books I read in October I now have a back catalog of reviews to get through.  So without further ado I present my take on Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley.

I'll make this short and sweet.  I liked this book, it reminded me a lot of Ed Gorey's Alphabet.  It was creepy without being to terrifying (it is a book geared to the younger crowd).  I read this during the Readathon and it was a good book to start things off with.  If you have a soft, rotten, decaying spot for ghost stories than I think you'll enjoy this book.  If you have unruly children whom you wish to creep out, then this is a good book to read aloud to the little hellions. 

Midnight Book Rating: 11:30pm- not quite the stroke of Midnight, but a great book to be reading when the midnight hour approaches *insert ghoulish laugh of your choice here*
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot resist that cover. It reminds me of Salad Fingers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very Goreyesque. I just reviewed Gorey today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I'm going to like this a lot... :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva