Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Curious Incident Of Blogging In The Night-Time

Oh, happy blogging day!  I am almost caught up on my books recently read, and I think I can at least get them all written before 2010 (although many of these will be posted after the new year).


I remember well when The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon came out.  The title, the cover, everything  about it sparked my interest.  But for whatever dumb reason I did not snatch the book up from the shelf and run giddily to the cashier.  I wish I had.

Books like this, characters like autistic Christopher John Francis Boone do not come along often.  Lots of stories have charm, but it is rare that a book is charming due solely to the main character.  Christopher is delightful, simple, complicated, heart breaking, and unique in every way.  It's part mystery (the aforementioned curious incident of the dog in the night-time), part adventure, part magic.  It's just a great book, with a fantastic narrative.

This book gets a Midnight Book Rating of Midnight- You're gonna want to read this book all through the night!

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I've heard this is a great one. I have it on my shelf but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, such a great easy read. It's a book that lingers in your mind after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this is an excellent book and that the reason is the main character. It was such a unique point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perhaps my favourite book, I think everyone should read it.

    I also recommend The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd, it is very similar and also very good.
    The London Eye Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed it, but found the train station scene unbelievable--which took me out of the story. I read later that Nick Hornsby had the same reaction due to his autistic son. Too bad--but still a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover but I am sooooo not caught up with my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it but I think I like MARCELO IN THE REAL WORLD, by Francisco Stork, even better. As a writer and mom of a child with Asperger's, I'm so glad that there are more and more books on this subject.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva