Friday, March 12, 2010

Script Frenzy, or Screnzy for those of us compelled to shorten names.

Script Frenzy is nearly upon us!  This will be the first year that I attempt to write a screenplay (original horror) and I am pretty excited.  After the success of NaNoWriMo I know that if I apply myself I can get it done, even if the end result is a steamy pile of doo doo.  It can't be any worse than some of the horror movies I watch for free off of Fear Net, and somebody not only wrote that suckfest horror movie that starred Lindsey Lohan, but they probably even got paid for inflicting that kind of mental torture on innocent movie watchers.  There's no reason to think that I too can't rise to that level of mediocrity! 

Two of my Okie friends are taking part in Script Frenzy as well, but my one good friend has no lap top.  Hers broke last year (It fell off the back of a chair, she maintains that it committed computercide) and during Nano she borrowed her dad's laptop and managed to get a virus the very last day of the challenge, so she is hesitant to borrow it again.  Bittner is instead saving up her pennies for her own shiny laptop before next November.  Needless to say she's a bit worried that she won't be able to hand write 100 pages of script, but she's going to give it a shot.  Or will she?

See, when I was doing NaNoWriMo last year, one of the ladies at my write ins was using a little portable word processor called an AlphaSmart, and she loved it.  It turns out you can buy one pretty cheap on ebay, so I just ordered one for Bittner (it's kind of an ugly color but any port in a storm, right?).  It's green (or it appears to be green), she's kind of a red head, she'll make it work.  Plus I'm hoping to surprise her.  She doesn't have regular internet access so I doubt she'll read this blog entry... and if she does then she'll know how proud I am of her for sticking to NaNoWriMo even when the going got tough. And the main reason she's doing Script Frenzy is to support our other friend Ame, who'll be assisting the ML.

Here's a pic of the Alpha Smart:

So all I have to do is finish the last of my NaNoWriMo novel.  I kind of collapsed after achieving the 50k and didn't make it quite to the end of the novel, but now I'm almost at the finish line and I'm trying not to get distracted by the bright, shiny and new idea for Script Frenzy.  But, oh, the temptation!

Any of you considering doing Script Frenzy?  I plan on getting an early writing lead so that I can take time off for the 24 Readathon.  April is going to rock!!!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking about doing a graphic novel for Script Frenzy. I'm not interested in doing a screenplay, and I MIGHT be interested in a play, but a GN sounds the best. I'd have to get a good idea going though and I don't have one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alice! Writing in script form is a bit different. But I think it'll make great dialogue practice.

    Amanda, there's still plenty of time... and there's always that plot generator on Script Frenzy's home page. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed you did NaNo! I've thought about it for years, but I never seem to find the time what with performing, reading, writing...and my day job. It just never seems to mesh. Perhaps that's why it took me almost a year to write Pandora ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am assured, what is it — a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like a Screnzy is some kind of clawed mythical beast.

    I hope at least one person is writing a script about it!

    ;-)
    Hillary

    http://hillarydepiano.com/scriptfrenzy/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva