Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birthday Post!

Sorry for the absenteeism this week, but I've been busy with work and then I was out of town and although I brought my laptop with me I didn't so much as crack it open.  But I'm back now, after celebrating my 33rd year on this planet at Buffalo Wild Wings playing trivia with my brother Mike.  This post will be short and sweet because I do have to work overnight tonight and tomorrow as well.  And I have to catch up to my Google reader which insanely swelled at 600 and some odd posts.  Good golly gee, people!  You've been busy blogging!

I finished Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro recently and if you're looking for a book that will make you laugh until you pee your pants, then this is it!  I'm also almost done with Meg Cabot's Insatiable and plowing through Little Bee by Chris Cleave for my book club.  I'm trying, and failing, to stay away from all the Stephanie Plum mystery books I've gotten recently- I keep telling myself I'm going to save them for my 3 week beach vacation but it doesn't help that I know that I'm lying. 

I also got a verse novel called Who Killed Mr. Chippendale? to read for the verse challenge, but I still need two more.  So if anyone has any ideas, other than Ellen Hopkins b/c I've read all of hers, then give me a shout out.  And don't forget to sign up for my give away- just click on the button on the right side of my blog! 

I tweeted about this, but I'll repeat myself here.  I just spoke to my husband and he alluded to the fact that he got a bull dog puppy.  Now I'm not sure if this is true because although I know he wants a bull dog A) we live in an apartment, B) he thinks we already have too many animals, and C) he's unable to answer any questions about the dog and just keeps saying that I'll see in the morning when I come home.  I warned him that if I come home and there's no cute little puppy running around I'm gonna be mad.  He just laughed.  Now I don't want a bull dog, but the hubs does so I'll suck it up for him since I made him get all the other animals.  But I'm gonna be shocked if he actually got a puppy because it would be completely OUT of character for him.  Ugh, have to go now, will let you know what happens.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode of As the Dog Barks...
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    Maybe your hubby got you a stuffed animal instead of a real puppy? Can't wait to find out! Either way, enjoy your puppy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday, and I hope your puppy dreams come true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, verse novels for you to try...author Lisa Schroeder, I Heart You, You Haunt Me or Chasing Brooklyn. She's a pretty popular YA author.

    I can't wait for you to post what Aaron ended up with...probably a figurine or a stuffed animal...haha. I can't imagine him actually getting another pup...btw, how are sweet Joey and the other babies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wishes! And it was a figurine- which is good because now he has a bull dog and can't ask for another! I was a little sad that there wasn't a puppy, but we really, really don't have the room and hiding him from the landlords would have been a nightmare.

    Mee-chelle- the babies are good, Joey is getting more sociable by the month (well, for sociable for her anyways), Riley is still a cuddly terror and Emmy is still our spoiled baby. Plus we have two girl mice: Kinky, so named for a kink in her tail, and Chastity, just because it's funny. Kinky is a gorgeous sable color and Chas is all black but her tail is half black half pink. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Kate! I'll be celebrating my 33rd this Sep. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I noticed you entered your birthday into our birthday blogger shout-out list. I'm sorry we missed it :( I was in Vegas all that week and didn't get a chance to blog at all.

    I hope you had an AMAZING birthday and got lots of cake & books!!

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva