Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book Association Game


Okay, we've all heard about word association, but I thought it might be fun to make a meme on books we associate with certain words or phrases.  For instance if I say Star Crossed Lovers, you might say Romeo and Juliet.

Happily Ever After....  Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Hey! It could have a happy ending!)

Tormented Love...  Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Sad... The Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Over-rated... Everything by Nicholas Sparks

Page Turner... Fire by Kristen Cashore

Made For Each Other... Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Nightmares... The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen

Comfort Read... The India Fan by Victoria Holt


Liked the Movie More than the Book... Lord of the Rings trilogy by J R R Tolkien (somewhere in the blogoshphere I am now on some fanboy's death list)

Did Not See That Coming... Outlander by Diana Gabladon

Best Character Ever... Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Must Read... Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


How would you finish these book associations?  What associations would you add?




Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Happily Ever After.... Wishes by Jude Deveraux

    Tormented Love...The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

    Sad...Every Last One by AnnaQuindlen

    Over-rated...Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce

    Page Turner... Outlader by Diana G.

    Made For Each Other... (Eric and Sookie--hey this is my pick) Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

    Nightmares.. The Stand by Stephen King

    Comfort Read... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


    Liked the Movie More than the Book... PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

    Did Not See That Coming...Red Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

    Best Character Ever... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen(Darcy)

    Must Read...Lover Mine by JR Ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so onboard the Eric and Sookie love train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer for Over-rated made me laugh out loud! Couldn't agree more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks fun!!!! I am sure hoping for the same Happily Ever After!! I cannot wait until August!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this meme...I'm going to have to go back through and see what I can come up with on my own lol, too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite Sparks books being over-rated (you thought so) I still like the fact that they give me a good cryfest every time I read them...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva