Monday, February 14, 2011

Books You Love

Recently I hosted an event for my book club- The Valentines Book Swap.  Each member simply had to bring a book they truly loved (most of us brought several) to swap and share with each other.  The book did not have to be new, and could be any genre.  It just had to be a book you really loved.

Here's a few of the books I brought:


Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.  Odd is my favorite character of all time.  Recently my friend Bittner re-read the first book so here's her awesome review.









Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin.  I really love these books, especially Something Blue.  They are books that I always want to read.









The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen.  She's an amazing author and I truly love her books.










Books I love to share but didn't bring to the swap:

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.  Heather Wells is one of my all time favorite female characters.
Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.  It's the King book I lend out to everyone who says they hate Stephen King books.  It's a wonderful fairytale.
Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro.  She's my go to author when I need to laugh so hard I pass out. I'm a member in good standing in the Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club.
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  So many of my non-YA reading friends have not heard of this awesome book.  I'm more than happy to stage a book reading intervention. :)

And a couple authors I love to tell people about other than the ones mentioned above), Maeve Binchy, Joe Hill, Kristin Cashore and Christopher Pike.

What books do you love to share?


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Towery!!! I would have brought Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy, of course One Day by David Nicholls, Silver Chair by CS Lewis, and Odd Thomas. And if I knew it was for a special Valentines Day book swap I might even bring some Outlander because I love me some Jamie Fraser!!!

    P.S. Right now I am listening to an audio version of Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, I'm only like and hour in but I'm telling you, YOU would LOVE it!!! It is just a sweet little YA book but it is also like a scavenger hunt so it is awesome! If you haven't read it by your birthday I might get it for you, or I might need to get it for you for Christmas since it is a Christmas themed book. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Odd Thomas as well and I also loved The Sugar Queen.

    I love to share so many books depending on what the reader is interested in.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats such a geat idea, i really need to re-read eye of Dragon :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bittner's review WAS awesome. I'm with the both of you, on the Odd Thomas Book 1 Fangirl Freight Train.

    I'm curious if either of you have read other books in the Odd Thomas series and whether you enjoyed those as much as Book 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I have read the entire series, including the 2 mangas and watched the webisodes on youtube. Odd is my boy. None of the other books beat the first novel in my opinion, but Odd Thomas is a character that I will follow through the inevitable apocalypse. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva