Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Armchair BEA Best of 2011

Today’s suggested posting topic is “Best of 2011!” 

We're almost half-way through 2011, so here's a list of a few books that so far this year have won my undying affection:

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells
The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson

And then there's these books that I've read this year, but came out in other years:

Juliet by Anne Frontier
The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffeneggar
32 Candles by Ernessa T. Carter
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest and The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Radleys by Matt Haig
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. the Book Thief is such a classic! I love your list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I loved Last Little Blue Envelope and The Book Thief. I didn't have time to finish The Radleys but still want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Delirium :) The Peach Keeper is on my TBR too, love SAA :)
    My Best of 2011 List

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Book Thief a couple years ago and loved it. I recently bought The Woman In White but I haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a few books on your list that I've never heard of, but I'll be sure and check them out. I only recently read the Steig Larsson trilogy myself, but I loved it! Hope you get a chance to read it with all the other great books coming out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you like a lot of books! I'm so dang picky I think there's only two that I REALLY liked this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great books on your list. I like Stieg Larrson's books, and The Night Bookmobile. Glad to stop by your blog, hope to stay connected. Have fun with the BEA this week.

    Bestseller Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I have a lot of these in my home library. We're reading The Book Thief next month for my TuesBookTalk Read Alongs on Twitter and Goodreads. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to read Delirium and The Book Thief soon! :o)

    New follower,
    Mickey @ imabookshark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving Dan Wells series, great choice, can't wait to read that one. I'm a new follower.

    My post is here with giveaway.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea-best-of-2011-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like Kate Atkinson, but haven't read Started Early, Took My Dog. Need to pick up a copy! And I love Lauren Oliver! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva