Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation Post #3

This past few days have been fail when it comes to reading, but win when it comes to beach time and playing wiffle ball with the family in the street.  I finally finished World War Z by Max Brooks this morning.  I'm sure it would have been a much faster read had I been at home.  There's too much distraction here- way too many kids and noise and what was that?  It's time for ice cream again?  So reading time is a bit hard to find.

I woke up early the other morning and commenced reading on the porch.  I've been waking up before most of my family so that's pretty much been my only reading time.  Beach reading is hard to do since my two year old niece has a tendency to run, and run fast, down the beach. 

World War Z is a history of a zombie war- a bunch of different interviews from survivors all over the world and covers the beginning, middle and "end" of the war.  It was a very engrossing read, but I wish I had saved it for home.  There is a lot of information, so it's best read when there aren't a lot of distractions around.  Still, I enjoyed it and I really feel it's helped me prepare for the inevitable zombie uprising.

World War Z gets a Midnight Book Rating of :


Now onto my next beach read- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!  Happy Friday Reads!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED World War Z. If you didn't know, they're making a movie. I believe their shooting right now, and Brad Pitt is in it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm I have not read this book yet, but I am starting to like zombie-related books. I might try it out when I get the chance! I do hear it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. World War Z sounds really interesting but I'm not sure if it is my kind of read. I'm nor really a fan of zombies. I think the only zombie book I've read though was the Pride and Prejudice one

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva