Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacation Post #2

Hit the beach early this morning and managed to finish my first official vacation read, Dog On It by Spencer Quinn.

It was a great beach read, full of mystery and told from the viewpoint of Chet the dog, faithful canine partner to Bernie, his PI owner.  I read this as part of my Stephen King Summer Reading List Self-Challenge, and once again I was rewarded with a good read.  There's an awesome dog narrator (again, it can't be said enough, it's totally Bunnicula for the over 30 club), there's a young girl who may or may not be a runaway, several suspicious Russians, and lots of food mentioned.  Even a little tiny hint of romance- for Bernie, not Chet.

Dog On It gets a Midnight Book Rating of:

Started today: World War Z  by Max Brooks

I doubt there will be much reading done tonight because my nieces are here and there are  already screams and giggles.  Although that may be the ideal background noise while reading a zombie book...
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. You said everything right in that update of Dog On It. "Stephen King", "Bunnicula," "Over 30." I had picked it up in a store & it looked great. Now I'll definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooved all the Bunnicula books. I'll have to check out Dog On It.

    And vacationing with nieces sounds awesome! I can't wait to see my little nephew again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in this one. I'll have to check it out. So far have you liked all the Stephan King recommendations? It seems like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dog book sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my "to read" list. I love books with cute dogs...as long as they aren't the ones that die in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. A Bunnicula for the over 30s? I'm so there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva