Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vacation Post #1

Arrived at the beach yesterday afternoon, and much thanks to the beach gods as the temperature is actually nice and not overwhelming hot like back home.  The Hubs isn't coming down to the end of this week, but I'm down here for the full 3 weeks.  :)


I actually got quite a bit of reading done last night- finishing up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- I forgot that Fleur briefly meets Bill in this book and shows some interest in him.  I really love how layered J.K. Rowling's books are- the end of book 4 looms large in how book 7 plays out.  I am just so in awe of Rowling's writing.  Cedric's death in GoF is so much more tragic in the book, and Fudge goes from preening politician to obstinate ass in just a few pages.  Which of course sets up book 5 and the introduction of the villain I dislike the most- Delores Umbridge. 

Also started Dog On It last night, and I'm probably about half way done since I was the first one up this morning.  Is there anything better than reading in the ocean breeze?  So far I'm really enjoying the book, which is told from Chet the dog's perspective.  It's a bit Bunnicula for the adult crowd- and I still read that series, usually adding one to my Readathon Pile O' Books.

Should be hitting the beach in a bit, and then I need to take a nap so I can stay up late to try to get into Pottermore.  I know, I'm a nerd.  I'm especially a Harry Potter nerd.  I have made peace with this.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if I go and get one of those "sounds of the ocean" cds I can pretend I am reading with an ocean breeze!

    Well, I hope you have a great vacation. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you before you left but I'm sure we'll keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading Harry Potter at the beach sounds like an awesome vacation! I've re-read the last two books in the series this year, but not the earlier books. I'll have to make some time for them because they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I actually downloaded a bunch of Bunniculas the other day to reminisce a bit. Now I don't feel so silly for being so excited about reading them again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I want to be at the beach! Although, I will be doing a roadtrip/vacation thing that is actually moving cross country and not nearly as relaxing as reading with the ocean breeze. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva