Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Last of Harry Potter...

Well, okay, it's not really the last of Harry Potter.  Because that's the wonderful thing about books, they can be re-read again and again.  In fact, I just picked up Goblet of Fire again, and I'll keep going until I get to the beginning again.

But oh, how I wish I had a time turner! 

I'm getting ready to head out for the midnight showing of the last film (3-D, at the awesome Cinebistro theater where you have to be 21 and over and you get to sit in love seats and drink alcohol and eat. Did I mention it's adults only?  So that means there won't be some little budding sociopath giggling maniacally behind me when Dobby gets the ultimate sock from God like there was in the last movie).  I got my scarf, my plastic Barnes and Noble Time Turner, my Harry Potter bandz, my toe tattoos and a box of tissues.  I'm ready to go!

There's a lot to love about Harry Potter.  As far as I know, the books started the whole midnight book release parties at bookstores.  And I do know that the series is responsible for making reading seem cool, which of course it totally is. 

I'm a fan, Harry Potter.  And this may be the last movie, but our love will go on.  I will not toss you in the ocean and let you sink into the watery depths of forgetfulness (yes, that is a Titanic reference). 

And I always knew Snape was good, so congrats to the best man winning The Potter World Cup!










And if you're a HUGE Harry Potter nerd, then check out Hogwarts Experience, which has been Pottermore-ish long before JK Rowling even thought to make a site. I'm Rigby Dumbledore on there, and a proud Ravenclaw.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I hope Harry Potter was all that you dreamt it would be! I'm looking forward to tonight but I'm a little nervous also. Did I tell you that I'm going to wear my "Team Neville" shirt that I made for the Deathly Hollows book release party all those years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snape (or A. Rickman) definitely comes out on top in these movies.
    Your movie theater sounds great. So nice not to have kids around. And it sounds comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva