Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once Upon a Time Readathon Update

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


So far it's been more of a suck-a-thon for me, but all my own fault. Is it weird that I read less when I'm not working than when I am? On the plus side I did a lot more housework than usual, and read a bit (I'm very close to finishing two books!).

Today is a work day for me, so I'll be there for 12 hours. Fortunately there is usually plenty of opportunity for me to read during work so I will use that as much as I can. Here's what's on deck for today:


I'm planning on reading The Night Season by Chelsea Cain first, and then if I get to it, The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen... or I might read a Harry Potter novel, most likely book 4 or 5.  Now that it's all coming to an end, I have a huge craving for all things Potter.  I finished the second half of Deathly Hallows on Sunday night, crying like a baby the entire last 50 pages or so.  I can't wait for Pottermore to start up.  I used to be heavily involved in an HP site called Hogwarts Experience (yes, I  once "taught" Potions and History of Magic, and I am one heck of a rp Quidditch player), but somehow I kept getting older and all the newbies kept getting younger...

So reading today, and hopefully I'll find time for a challenge!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I cried the first time I read Deathly Hallows too. Although part of that could been because a friend told me Harry dies... Anyway, I hope you find the time to read today. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. Despite the best of intentions I tend to read much less on days I'm at home all day. Good luck on the last day of your read-a-thon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I cried several times when reading the HP series. There was a time I was so mad at JK Rowling! I know, I know...they're her stories. LOL. But I'm so grateful to have experienced HP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I do hope you were able to find time to read and the rest of the readathon was a success! Have fun tomorrow night and I hope to talk to you soon!

    P.S. I've been meaning to tell you, but haven't had a chance to talk to you, that Amanda moved back to OKC! She's joining our book club next week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva