Friday, December 30, 2011

More 2012 Challenges!

So, you know I can't resist a Reading Challenge... although I am pretty resistant at finishing them... Oh, well, 2012 will be a new year so you never know when they'll come up with a cure for procrastinator's like me!

Here's some more challenges I'm joining, you can find the complete list on my left hand side bar.




Basically all this challenge requires is for you to pick book titles (the first letter in each title) that spells out your name. Now obviously, Midnight Book Girl would be a ridiculous choice, so I'm going with KATE.  It seems like a fun challenge, and one that's within my powers to actually finish!!






I did this challenge in 2011 and actually finished it!  I love the treasure hunt aspect to this challenge, and this year I'll have to read books who's titles refer to: topographical features, something you'd see in the sky, creepy crawly, type of house, something you'd carry in your pocket, purse or backpack, and something you'd find on a calender.  This one can be a bit tricky, but it's 6 books in all and I'm hoping it will lead to some creative reading on my part!





What I like about this challenge is that I have already decided that I have to do something about my crazy TBR shelves.  Most of them are books I really, really want to read!  It's insane to keep piling up books that I'm not reading.  So no more of that!  I'm going to focus on trying to get it under control so that I can enjoy shopping for new books without the guilt of those dying a slow death on my shelves.  There's different levels for this challenge, but I'm choosing Mt. Ararat, which is 40 books.  I hope to go higher, but I want to keep it realistic too.  I read 175 books or so in 2011, there's no reason on earth that I can't get to 40 books off my own darn shelves in 2012!  I plan on getting to 3-5 books on my tbr shelves a month, which would put me at 60 tbr books, but I don't want to push my luck.  


I'm going big on this one, since it coincides with my Mount TBR challenge.  I'm choosing to do the Semi level and here's the 13 books I plan on getting to:
1. Across the Universe
2. Bran Hambric and the Fairfield Curse
3. Anna and the French Kiss
4. Matched
5. Anna Dressed in Blood
6. The Invention of Hugo Cabret
7. Twenty Boy Summer
8. Drive
9. What My Best Friend Did
10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth
11. Feed
12. Uglies
13. The Screwtape Letters 

Books You Can Read In A Day Challenge:

I'm going with Level 1 on this challenge, which is to read 15 books- not all at once, but separately, in one day.  Here's a (partial) list of books I already have in mind:

1. Digit: She's Got Your Number by Annabelle Monaghan
2. Drive by James Sallis
3. Anna Dressed in Blood
4. Bewitching
5. Smokin' Seventeen
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

A-Z 2012 Challenge

I love this challenge and am so glad that Kim of Page After Page is hosting it.  I had a huge problems with letters K and Y, but was able to pull out a win in 2011.  Of course I got lucky with some of my letters, like Queen of the Dead, Zombies Vs. Unicorns, and XVI... so 2012 might be a bit more difficult!!


 
Reading Challenge Addict!

Feeling as addicted to reading challenges as I am?  Then this is a great group to join!  Plus it's a great way to learn of even MORE Reading Challenge!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to do the "Read Your Name" challenge. That one seems fun. That is all I will commit to for right now... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've commited to the What's In A Name challenge, as it's unique and fun. Am being tempted by several others, but trying to resist. Good luck with your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the What's in a Name challenge too - it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the MT. TBR Challenge! I look forward to seeing you wave from atop Mt. Ararat in 2012!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge! I've never heard of Digit. I'll have to check that one out. Always looking to add to my list! Hope you have fun with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva