Thursday, December 29, 2011

Read Me Baby Wrap Up


It's almost time to bid adieu to 2011 and to wrap up the Read Me Baby, 1 More Time Challenge!  Fortunately the best thing about re-reading books is that it's never truly goodbye.  So how'd you do this year?  Would you be surprised to know that I didn't do that much re-reading myself?  2011 was my year to let go and to challenge myself to read more, so I just didn't have time to curl up with all my old favorites, although I always find time for old literary friends.   I'm sorry I didn't do a bang up job at hosting my first challenge, but I've learned from my mistakes... I hope!!

Comment below and tell me how you did, or link a post!  And if you didn't participate, just let me know what books you're hoping to re-read in 2012.  I'm looking forward to some Harry Potter re-reads and The Night Circus- loved that book and I really want to spend some more time with it!

 So even though I was a pretty dismal host of this year's Read Me Baby 1 More Time Challenge, I will be hosting again in 2012... but with some changes.  There will be a place to link up any reviews of books you've re-read every month (I will master the art of Mr. Linky!) and I'm going to encourage lots of comments on these reviews from all of us participating.  That's going to be a big part of 2012 and blogging for me- community.  Lori is busy designing a new challenge button for us, so I should have the new Challenge post up by Tuesday.  Lori designed my challenge button last year and then this past May she turned my blog into something magical (seriously, check out her designs if you're thinking of a makeover, she's ah-mazing!). 
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I read 21, which was a lot for me to reread. I'm not big on rereading, but when I start a series that I loved, then I have to read the whole thing over. I actually realized how much I do like rereading, so I'm glad you're hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never understand how to enter my name on blogger but I'm "Flo".

    When I signed up, I had the intention to write a mini-review in English (I'm French) for each reread book either on my blog or on goodreads but it seems that I'm too lazy for that ;)

    Thanks to the challenge I reread 14 books in 2011. I don't know yet if I'll sign up for 2012 (reading in English is easy, writing is more difficult & I'm a little bit afraid of writing reviews :S), but I've already a little list of books to reread ("The bonfire of vanities", "Moon palace", "Alexandria Quartet", "MacBeth", etc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the books I read this year were rereads, so I had no problem finishing this challenge, can't say that for other challenges though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva