Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eleven On Top

I like the Stephanie Plum series, I especially get a kick out of the minor characters like Grandma, Lula, Connie, etc. The problem is now that I'm on book 11 I'm getting a little tired of the Joe/Stephanie/Ranger love triangle. I'm not sure I get it, and it just feels like we're not getting a lot of character growth from Stephanie. That said, I realize that I'm reading this series to be entertained, not enlightened. So I shall continue my journey with Plum and co and hope the things I love (the talk of food, the exploding cars, Grandma's obsession with funerals, and Lula's character) continue entertaining me. The once feverish pace that I read the earlier books has now slowed down. I don't really see an end in sight of the love triangle, but I guess the question is, would there still be a series if Stephanie settled down? Could she be a bounty hunter and a loving wife and mother? I think she could, maybe Evanovich will give Plum a chance to grow and mature (plus think of all the food talk that could arise from a pregnancy!).

Book Eleven has Stephanie in more peril than usual, and she quits her job as a bounty hunter. The threat follows her as she moves from crappy job to crappy job, until finally landing a office job at Ranger Enterprises. Is Stephanie just a magnet for trouble, no matter what her career? Nice resolve of some past story lines, and for those of you that love a romantic triangle, there's plenty tension between Ranger and Stephanie in this story.

Eleven On Top gets a Midnight Book Rating of 10pm.  It's good, but I'm not sure this is a stay up all hours of the night to finish series anymore.  Still, I'm more than willing to curl up with Joe Morelli and Ranger on a cold November night!

And don't forget my giveaway! There's still time to sign up:
Click here!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. All of Evanovich's books have those laugh out loud moments and who wouldn't love characters like Grandma and Mooner and Sally Sweets?

    But I just finished book 15 and it's gotten a bit formulaic. Yeesh, just freaking pick a guy already.

    Not that I wouldn't waffle back and forth for a long, long, loooong time if my choices were between Ranger and Morelli. (Go Team Ranger!!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva