Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Logline Blogfest

Because I'm already doing NaNoWriMo I thought I'd participate in the Logline Blogfest.  A logline is basically a one sentence hook that sums up what your novel is about.  So here's my humble submission:

On the run from her vampire ex-boyfriend and his business associates, Ollie must turn into the one creature even vampires fear- a werewolf! (1st attempt)


Ollie discovers that her vampire lover has been selling the blood she's been stealing from the job she just got fired from, and now she has just 7 days to get the blood he owes or supply it with every last drop in her body.  On the run from her ex and his "business associates", Ollie must turn into the one creature even vampires fear- a werewolf! (2nd attempt)


Fired from her job for stealing blood to feed her vampire boyfriend, Ollie is shocked to discover that her beloved Conner's been selling the blood to other vampires, and they're expecting their next shipment on schedule even if it means taking every last drop of blood from Ollie's body.  Now on the run from Conner and his "business associates", Ollie must turn to the only allies she has left- werwolves! (3rd attempt)



Not sure I'm completely happy with it, but it sums up the story in one sentence.

Any of you NaNoWriMo-er's want to share your loglines?

And don't forget my awesome Give-Away!



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Great one liner! For the blogest, you can use two sentences if that helps! Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I think I need two sentences... back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my interview today. I think NaNoWriMo is a great tool. There are many best sellers that started there - Water for Elephants was one.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbeknown to Ollie, her vampire lover is selling her stolen blood from her recently fired job, and now she has seven days to get the blood he owes or supply it with every drop in her body. On the run from her ex and his "business associates", Ollie must turn into the one creature even vampires fear- a werewolf!

    My attempt at tightening it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I like Nicole's suggestions :) Best of luck with it.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I was just thinking about this while I looked at a couple of other blogfest entrants, and I had an idea! (woot!) What about "When Ollie steals blood from her [xyz] job, she has no idea that her vampire lover will sell it out from under her--now she has just 7 days to get the blood..." Just a thought, hope it helps :)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like what Rachael came up with. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to a write-in for NaNoWriMo in a little while and I'll get to work on fixing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Rachael came up with sounds a lot cleaner, I think. I was going to comment on how her being fired/her job thing was kind of confusing. Also, how does she plan on turning herself into a werewolf? A detail or two?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think it could be a bit clearer with a more direct approach. I also wasn't sure why she'd have to use her own blood to pay back the blood she stole from her job. Who did she work for?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Rachael's idea to tighten it up. Good hook, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great hook..and sounds like an excellent story. For a log line I'd like something a little longer than the one liner and a little shorter than your third attempt...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one-liner. Version #3 is more intriguing, but could benefit from a little tightening.

    The premise is cool - I'd read the book!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva