Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Abducted by Pottermore and the Imp!

Okay, normally my friend Courtney is the blogger who gets Abducted, but this time I fear it's me who has been swept away and taken captive, albeit completely willingly.
Here's my abductors:


I got my official Pottermore invite the other day so I've been obsessively playing and trying my best to win glory for the Ravenclaw house (at the moment we're ahead of Slytherin for house points but it's a tight race).  Plus I spent several days without internet due to Irene- she didn't mess us up during her actual visit but all that water fried our internet cable.  :(

Second only to Pottermore, I've been abducted by the Starks and Lannisters.  Well, mostly just the Imp.  I don't know why, but I love that sarcastic little man as much as I hate his evil sister.  Seriously if you haven't read A Game of Thrones then you simply must.  You must.  I already want the second book, but I have a hefty tome to read for book club this month (Fingersmith), so I will wait as much as it kills me.

Thirdly- it's almost October!!!  For those of you that don't know, I am an October girl.  I love all things fall and Halloweenish (note the new Halloween mug from Barnes and Noble that I picked up already!).  Plus Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is coming up and I can hardly wait!!!  And then the NaNoWriMo party is almost always the last day or two of October, so you can see that my mind has been elsewhere this past week.

Fear not, faithful readers, I will eventually get around to reviewing all the good books I've been reading.  After all, winter is coming as the Starks would say. ;)
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Imp! He's my favorite character in the series so far :-)

    I'm glad you're enjoying TGoT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. These are all awesome things! I wouldn't mind getting abducted by them too haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 LOVE <3 I'm SO EXCITED about Pottermore!!!--can't wait until it's open to everyone (and I can finally get HP ebooks!!!)

    I just started reading the Game of Thrones series, too!!!!--I just finished book 3 (I've got reviews, but they're kind of spoilery) SOOOOOO good...but I've had to take a temporary *QUICK* break to keep up blog content and sleep ;)

    p.s. glad you're safe and that Irene didn't do too much damage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous! I haven't gotten an official invite yet. And I'm still not totally clear what it is... but if you say it is fun, then I'm even more excited!

    I'm heading back east now, so I'm glad I missed Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another friend told me I had to read GOT also. And yay October! I really only have Halloween mugs, to the point where I get comments from people who come over and have coffee or tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my email for Pottormore a couple of days ago but I've been so busy I haven't been able to do much. I haven't even gotten sorted yet!

    I'm excited about Dewey though! I tried to click on the link, but I'm at work and that site was blocked (Boo, baracuda! Boo!) I'll check it when I get home though so I can make sure to schedule myself off that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the introducing me to Readathon last year. I've already been working on compliling my list of books and coming up with some new cheers for next month.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva