Sunday, September 25, 2011

Library Haul and Books Bought, Begged or Borrowed

Already in full gear Readathon mode, I made a recent trip to the library looking for books that I can hold hostage until October 22nd, and a few books to hopefully read before then.  Here's what I got:

 Library 

For the Readathon:
The Lover's Dictionary
Dear Bully
Persepolis
For non 24-hour reading:
I Will Always Love You (in anticipation of the Psycho Killer Gossip Girl book I requested from Net Galley)
Nefertiti
Witches of East End
Hourglass (how was this just sitting on the shelf?!  So glad it was though)
The Hypnotist

Bought 


Drive- loved the movie and the Hubs wanted it, liked it, so I'm adding it to Readathon pile.
Fade- again for Readathon
Every Thing On It- yup, for Readathon
The Night Circus- because I couldn't resist it's siren call anymore!

Begged

Swoon- from Paperback Swap

So what books have you bought, begged or borrowed lately?
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. You got great books! I've been meaning to read Persepolis...

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The Lover's Dictionary. Maybe I'll pick that up for readathon. I'm a little too overwhelmed with moving to think about it just yet. And thanks for the heads up about the zombie walk! I'm in Fredericksburg, but my sister is in Richmond, so I might take my nephew to at least see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby- I've heard wonderful things about Persepolis!

    Steph- You'll love Cary St, the street downtown where they hold the zombie walk. Some of my book club members are planning on doing the walk with me and then we're having our October meeting later that day. I just love all things October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul!! I've got Hourglass on my wishlist and recently put The Night Circus on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy all of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo excited for the readathon! This will be the first time I'm participating. I've already picked out a few books I'll be reading for it too.

    The Witches of East End is a great book. I enjoyed it a lot, even though I didn't particularly like the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love when a popular book you never thought you'd get is just sitting at the library. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of a lot of those books. :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier and commenting on my review of The Dead Kid Detective Agency. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good picks Kate! I really liked Lover's Dictionary. Did you get my message about the read-a-thon this year? Or any of my other messages? Man, you have really been avoiding my calls lately!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva