Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Top 100 YA List

 Do you, my readers, ever just assume that I'm some young tween because I read so much YA?  I assure you I'm not.  And I'm not ashamed of my YA love, although there was a time I used to pretend I was shopping for my nieces.  Fortunately all of you have helped me overcome that embarrassment- and with the help of JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins and Stephenie Meyers, you see lots of adults browsing in the YA section for their next read.
 It's been a long time since I did a meme, but I've been seeing this one pop of everywhere.  Officially I'm stealing it from The Hopeless Bibliophile.  It's interesting to see how my list compares to others.  Can't wait to see yours!

Books I've read will be in blue.
Books I want to read but haven't yet will be in purple italics.
Books I don't particularly care to read will be in black.

1. Alex Finn – Beastly
2. Alice Sebold – The Lovely Bones
3. Ally Carter – Callagher Girls (1, 2, 3, 4)
4. Ally Condie – Matched
5. Alyson Noel – The Immortals (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
6. Anastasia Hopcus – Shadow Hills
7. Angie Sage – Septimus Heap (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
8. Ann Brashares – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (1, 2, 3, 4)
9. Anna Godbersen – Luxe (1, 2, 3, 4)
10. Anthony Horowitz – Alex Rider (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
11. Aprilynne Pike – Wings (1, 2, 3)
12. Becca Fitzpatrick – Hush, Hush (1, 2)
13. Brandon Mull – Fablehaven (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
14. Brian Selznick – The Invention of Hugo Cabret
15. Cassandra Clare – The Mortal Instruments (1, 2, 3, 4)
16. Carrie Jones – Need (1, 2, 3) (and I have no wish to continue)
17. Carrie Ryan – The Forest of Hands and Teeth (1, 2, 3)
18. Christopher Paolini – Inheritance (1, 2, 3, 4)
19. Cinda Williams Chima – The Heir Chronicles (1, 2, 3)
20. Colleen Houck – Tigers Saga (1, 2)
21. Cornelia Funke – Inkheart (1, 2, 3)
22. Ellen Hopkins – Impulse
23. Eoin Colfer – Artemis Fowl (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
24. Faraaz Kazi – Truly, Madly, Deeply
25. Frank Beddor – The Looking Glass Wars (1, 2, 3)
26. Gabrielle Zevin – Elsewhere
27. Gail Carson Levine – Fairest
28. Holly Black – Tithe (1, 2, 3)
29. J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
30. James Dashner – The Maze Runner (1, 2)
31. James Patterson – Maximum Ride (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
32. Jay Asher – Thirteen Reasons Why
33. Jeanne DuPrau – Books of Ember (1, 2, 3, 4)
34. Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
35. John Boyne – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
36. John Green – An Abundance of Katherines
37. John Green – Looking for Alaska
38. John Green – Paper Towns
39. Jonathan Stroud – Bartimaeus (1, 2, 3, 4)
40. Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – Caster Chronicles (1, 2)
41. Kelley Armstrong – Darkest Powers (1, 2, 3)
42. Kristin Cashore – The Seven Kingdoms (1, 2)
43. Lauren Kate – Fallen (1, 2, 3)
44. Lemony Snicket – Series of Unfortunate Events (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
45. Libba Bray – Gemma Doyle (1, 2, 3)
46. Lisa McMann – Dream Catcher (1, 2, 3)
47. Louise Rennison – Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
48. M.T. Anderson – Feed
49. Maggie Stiefvater – The Wolves of Mercy Falls (1, 2, 3)
50. Margaret Peterson Haddix – Shadow Children (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) (read as a kid)
51. Maria V. Snyder – Study (1, 2, 3)
52. Markus Zusak – The Book Thief
53. Markus Zusak – I am the Messenger
54. Mark Haddon – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
55. Mary Ting – Crossroads
56. Maureen Johnson – Little Blue Envelope (1, 2)
57. Meg Cabot – All-American Girl (1, 2)
58. Meg Cabot – The Mediator (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
59. Meg Cabot – The Princess Diaries (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
60. Meg Rosoff – How I Live Now
61. Megan McCafferty – Jessica Darling (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
62. Megan Whalen Turner – The Queen’s Thief (1, 2, 3, 4)
63. Melina Marchetta – On the Jellicoe Road
64. Melissa de la Cruz – Blue Bloods (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
65. Melissa Marr – Wicked Lovely (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
66. Michael Grant – Gone (1, 2, 3, 4)
67. Nancy Farmer – The House of the Scorpion
68. Neal Shusterman – Unwind
69. Neil Gaiman – Coraline
70. Neil Gaiman – Stardust
71. Neil Gaiman – The Graveyard Book
72. P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast – House of Night (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
73. Philip Pullman – His Dark Materials (1, 2, 3)
74. Rachel Caine – The Morganville Vampires (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
75. Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
76. Richelle Mead – Vampire Academy (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
77. Rick Riordan – Percy Jackson and the Olympians (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
78. Rom LcO’Feer – Somewhere carnal over 40 winks
79. S.L. Naeole – Grace (1, 2, 3, 4)
80. Sabrina Bryan & Julia DeVillers – Princess of Gossip
81. Sarah Dessen – Along for the Ride
82. Sarah Dessen – Lock and Key
83. Sarah Dessen – The Truth about Forever
84. Sara Shepard – Pretty Little Liars (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
85. Scott Westerfeld – Leviathan (1, 2)
86. Scott Westerfeld – Uglies (1, 2, 3)
87. Shannon Hale – Books of a Thousand Days
88. Shannon Hale – Princess Academy
89. Shannon Hale – The Books of Bayern (1, 2, 3, 4)
90. Sherman Alexie & Ellen Forney – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
91. Simone Elkeles – Perfect Chemistry (1, 2, 3)
92. Stephanie Meyer – The Host
93. Stephanie Meyer – Twilight Saga (1, 2, 3, 4)
94. Sue Monk Kidd – The Secret Life of Bees
95. Susan Beth Pfeffer – Last Survivors (1, 2, 3)
96. Suzanne Collins – Hunger Games (1, 2, 3)
97. Suzanne Collins – Underland Chronicles (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
98. Terry Pratchett – Tiffany Aching (1, 2, 3, 4)
99. Tonya Hurley – Ghost Girl (1, 2, 3)
100. Wendelin Van Draanen – Flipped

Now some of the books in black don't necessarily mean I won't ever read them, it's just some are books I don't recognize (especially when the series name is different from the name of the actual books).  The series that I've read a few books from, and the rest are still in black means that its a series I have no wish to continue (Need, I'm talking about you!). 


Are there any of the books in black that you feel like talking me in to reading?  I love a good book reading dare!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love this list! I'm definitely going to do it over on my blog (www.themantisconnection.blogspot.com) today or tomorrow! There are tons of books on this list that I don't recognize and I'm excited to look up. Watch, my list will be like a few "read" books and the rest will be "want to read!"
    Oh, but I also wanted to let you know that, although the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld is called a trilogy, there are technically 4 books (the fourth one is called Extras). I've read all of them and loved them, although I think Pretties (#2) was not as good as the others. So just make sure you give Extras a chance, too. I mean, if you like the first 3. A lot of people on Goodreads seem to give Uglies a good rating and then go downhill from there, but I gave Pretties 4 stars and 5 stars to all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have two suggestions for you. They're YA, but not on this list. The first is Glow, by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I won an ARC through Goodreads, but it was released just a couple weeks ago. It's set in space where two ships are on their way to New Earth, to try to save the human race. But one ship is having trouble reproducing, and therefore take drastic measures. I don't want to go too much more into it, but it is such a good book!
    The second one is Hourglass, which I just borrowed from a friend and really loved. It's by Myra McEntire, and is about a girl who is constantly seeing ghosts. With this one, I really don't want to get into details, because I think with this book, the less you know going in, the better. But there's so much more to it than ghosts.
    Oh, wait! One more suggestion. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. No supernatural/Sci-Fi elements (I really love those elements, so I had to remind myself that the characters weren't going to turn into werewolves or go to a distant planet or something), but a really snarky protagonist and a sweet love story.
    Okay, now I'm done with my super-long comments! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great list! haven't heard of many of these, but i have read quite a few. i may just make my own :)

    i wish you'd consider reading Princess Academy - that one was a surprise to me, and i really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added this list to my blog as well. I highly recommend Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy, and I read the first book of the Last Survivors which was pretty good. The second book sounds great-I'm excited that it takes place in NYC. I'm obsessed with that city.

    I really need to get to Shannon Hale and John Green. I haven't read a single book by them. I own An Abundance of Katherines and The Goose Girl, so those will probably be my firsts by them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva