Friday, July 27, 2012

Ten About Ten: One

From Goodreads.com
Ten 
by Gretchen McNeil
Expected Publication: 09.18.2012
From Goodreads:
 And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
I first read Ten right after I got back from BEA.  It was a book I was very excited about, even more so after meeting the adorable author and getting my book signed.  I thought instead of just doing a review I'd list ten things I loved about Ten by Gretchen McNeil in the next month and a half before it's September 18th release.
From my photo library

#1 of 10 Things I Loved About Ten by Gretchen McNeil:

It's based on Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None*.  But don't expect a complete re-telling.  McNeil has taken it into the world of YA, and brings her own murderous flavor to the story.  Never read a Christie novel? No problem, you'll still enjoy Ten!  Love Agatha Christie and have already read And Then There Were None a dozen times?  No problem, you'll still enjoy Ten!

* Little known fact about And Then There Were None-- not the original title.  The original title is actually very racist, and I'm glad that it was changed.  I'm not going to post the original title of Agatha Christie's novel, because I'm sure ya'll are pretty well versed in Google searches.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I did know that the title was changed! I read the book under the racist title as a kid!!!! Woohoo!! Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to keep us in suspense aren't you. I am so happy you got this book at BEA, I know this was on your list. Can't wait to read the other reasons why. I am going to have to pick this up when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not yet read And Then There Were None but I'm pretty sure my Aunt has a copy of the non pc title. Which is probably worth some cash money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read Agatha Christie. I do read a lot of books that I find mysterious, but not many true mystery novels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge Agatha Christie fan and I hope I love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any Agatha Christie but I have seen Murder on the Orient Express, and my mom used to watch Poirot all the time... I think this one sounds really creepy but I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva