Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- My pick!

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is Freebie: pick your own topic, so I'm going to feature some books I plan on taking on vacation with me at the end of this month.  The dude above?  He was one of those college kids that roam the beach wanting to take your family's pictures so that you could spend tons of money on stupid little mementos.  He was gracious enough to let me and my sister in law takes pictures of him instead. Thought ya'll might like a little eye candy that isn't a book cover today.

So here's the Top Ten Books I Plan on Taking (and Reading) on Vacation:


1. The Next Accident by Lisa Gardner
From Goodreads

2. Buried in a Book by Lucy Arlington
From Goodreads


3. Bookmarked For Death (A Booktown Mystery #2) by Lorna Barrett

From Goodreads
4. Size 12 and Ready To Rock (Heather Wells #4) by Meg Cabot

From Goodreads
5. Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson

From Goodreads
6. The Prophet by Michael Koryta
From Goodreads
 7. Origins by Jessica Khoury
From Goodreads
8. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
From Goodreads
9.  The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

From Goodreads
10. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
From Goodreads
Okay, so this entire list is subject to change at anytime.  I'm only going for 7 days so I don't think I can hit 10 books, especially with my family around.  But I am going the last weekend too, so we'll see.  I really like reading thrillers at the beach too, so I might pick up books in Ocean City too because I love going to the used bookstores there.  And as much as I love my Kindle and Nook, they won't leave our vacation home, so paperback/hardbacks are a necessity!

So what topic did you pick for today's Top Ten?


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Excellent choices! Thrillers make great beach reads, just don't forget the sunscreen! I plan on hitting at least one (hopefully two) of the cozy mysteries this month myself. Love the lifeguard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty Boy Summer and The Raven Boys both look amazing. I hope you get to read them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate those are great choices. I have of few of those titles in my TBP pile. I have to figure out what I am going to take on vacation to. So many choices. Enjoy and I hope you get to read quite of few of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUDE... I want to go on a vacation and just read! I'm like... way jealous. :):):) I.... realized that I am behidn on my goal to read every single arc I picked up at BEA, so I'm now switching over to review copies and reading like crazy. I kind of like the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twenty Boy Summer looks like a great choice for a vacation!

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books on Happiness.
    Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the variety of your books! Also? Let's Pretend This Never Happened is utterly HILARIOUS don't drink anything while reading though, cuz you will spit it out from laughing so hard.

    Ahhhh, I really want to read The Raven Boys and Carnival of Souls, I have them from BEA, but am holding off until closer to release date!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I plan to read several of those novels! And after what April said above, Let's Pretend This Never Happened is probably going to be mine soooon! XD

    Patricia // My Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Twenty Boy Summer on my shelf. I still have not gotten around to it. Super jealous that you have Carnival of Souls and Raven Boys already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your list. I haven't even heard of all of them, so I'm looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure what I would take on vacation as my moods change all the freaking time :) I am in a mystery/thriller/cozy mood though so probably leaning that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I always have such high hopes of getting so much reading done on vacation. It so rarely happens but we can dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read Twenty Boy Summer, but I loved that one. It made my list as well.

    Great books. I'm dying to read so many of these.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    P.S. If you stop by be sure to check out my giveaway for any book under $15.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice choices! I really want to read Origin! We should take a vacation where we can just get together and read, like a book blogger's retreat! You, me, Bittner, Kim, Steph, Jessie from The Daily Bookmark... That would be fantastic. One of these days we should try to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific list! Have a fun and relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard Twenty Boy Summer is really good. You are going to have such a great vacation! I'm planning an at home vacation with my books at the end of August so maybe next free tuesday I'll make my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read The Bloggess' book so badly! Great list. Love the blog! So cute! I love that look of that ticked off little black cat. That's so me, lately (not sure that is a good thing, but whatevs, right?). Nice to discover you this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva