Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Recommended

It's Top Ten Tuesday once again, hosted by the amazing The Broke and the Bookish.  Here's today's topic:

March 26: Top Ten  Books I Recommend The Most



1. The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro.  Love to give this one to friends.

2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  Great book, and one of the few that I shared with my husband and brothers too. 

3. Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling.  I made a lot of people read these series, and like Ready Player One, it's a book I can recommend to just about all my friends and family.

4. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.  I recommend this a lot to people who just assume that King writes horror.  The Eyes of the Dragon is a wonderful fairytale and it's one of my all time King favorites- it's also one of his shortest novels so it's less daunting to a lot reluctant readers.

5. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. This is still one of my favorite books that my book club has read.  The skill that Waters used in the plot is mind blowing.  At book club, we compared it to Dickens on crack.  Which is fairly accurate. 


6. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.  Probably this should be number one on the list, even if this isn't in a particular order.  Odd's my boy!  I don't know if I've ever loved a character so immediately as I did with Odd Thomas.  Even Harry Potter had to grow on me a little.


7.  The Final Friends (now called Until the End) series by Christopher Pike.  I love Christopher Pike, obviously, but this series is very near and dear to my heart.  I know the characters so well that no doubt when I am old and senile I will refer to them as real people I once knew. 

8. Battle Royale by Koushon Takami.  I read this years ago after watching the movie, and it was one of the main reasons I was excited when Hunger Games first came out. It was also one of the first translated books that I actively sought out.

9. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.  Heather Wells is one of my favorite characters, so this is another book (the first in a series) that I'm always trying to get people to read.  

10. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  I have big love for this book.  Big, magical, circus-y love for this book.  If you know me, chances are you already know this.  This book is just, sigh.  I have no words.  But it really feels like it's more than just words on a page (or words spoken aloud by the amazing Jim Dale).  I want to run away like Bailey and join this circus.  I have no idea what Erin Morgenstern will come up with next, but she has a pass from me for life.  It's rare for me to love an author based just on one book (Sarah Addison Allen also won me over immediately), but this may be my all time favorite book.  Ever. 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Great Top Ten! I've been recommending The Hunger Games almost (but not quite) as much as Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Kim's Size 12 Is Not Fat. I've had it for a while. I think we know what my number one priority is for the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top ten, had to add Fingersmith to my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the Hunger Games. Did you think Battle Royale was too similar or not? I'm really interested in reading it!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous list, m'dear. I still have three of these books on Mount TBR, I've only read the first Hunger Games novel, and I have two more on my wishlist already. Guess I'd better get cracking... *slopes off to get started* :)

    My TTT, should you care to drop by of a spare moment, is here:
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/top-ten-books-i-recommend-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooo I started size 12 is not fat and I was enjoying it, but since I was sick I wasn't in the mood for crime, so I put aside and start reading another book in the Lucky Harbour series. I know I'm obsessed with the series :D But, anyway, I liked it so much the first chapter that I'm going to try to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, I have Fingersmith and Odd Thomas on my Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva