Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BEA Blogger Conference Quickie

After a rough start to the morning (details to come on lunch voucher/cocktail hour tickets fiasco when I get back home), I found that I quite enjoyed this year's Blogger Conference. Some things were better, the panels, the books (at least for those of us in the YA panel audience), and the fact that I was more relaxed. Last year I got there so early and waited on line so long because I was just neurotic.

In every big event like this there are going to be some disappointments. I wish there'd been more authors, but one of my favorite authors from last year, Will Schwalbe, was the opening keynote speaker. There weren't many adult books (am I the only one that feels vaguely dirty whenever I use the term "adult books"? Like maybe it requires gloves to read them and a shot of penicillin?) offered, although the happy hour/cocktail party had some good books.

This year I stayed for the Happy Hour, got to chat with some really great writers, one in particular who was super gracious when I spilled red wine all over myself and my white blouse. I came prepared though, and dazzled people with my Tide Pen skills. ;)

Tomorrow is Day One of BEA, and I can hardly wait! Also, I'm very excited to go to the Penguin Bird Bash, especially since they seem to be quite involved in this year's conference.

I met a bunch of wonderful bloggers and authors, and I survived VoucherGate through their kindness- more on who I met to come later!




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it! Especially VoucherGate. And I already see some books I want to borrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a few lovlies that I may request for our hostage book exchange. What happened with the vouchers? Text me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva