Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sundays in Bed With... The Name of the Wind

 Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme! The meme that dares to ask, what book has been in your bed this morning?  Come share what book you've spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today!

This morning I'm reading:
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Hubs actually asked me if I'd read this, because one of his employees mentioned it to him as being a book I might like if I enjoyed George R. R. Martin books.  I downloaded it on Audible, and folks, it's a loooong book.  I'm 5 hours in, with 22 more hours to go.  But, I have to say, I'm really enjoying it.  It's similar to Martin only in that it's a complex fantasy novel.  It's a very easy listen, so it's not as daunting as a long book can be.   
Be sure to check out and participate in my Book STD challenge! 

What are you reading (or wish you had time to read) this morning? Are you reading the book you thought you'd be reading, or has today found you with a surprise? Link up below! I'm going to try running this more like a blog hop, so feel free to add the link in your meme posts!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I don't mind long audio books, because I only listen to them in the car. Right now I'm reading Jennfier Estep's Spider's Bite and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out Spider's Bite online- I love audio books, and now that I use my audible app and don't have to go through 20 some cds, then length of the novel doesn't really bother me. In fact, it's nice to spend some time in a story. I listened to one of the Game of Thrones books mostly on audio!

      Delete
  2. Ohh Name of the Wind is nothing like Game of Thrones! They're both epic fantasies but that's pretty much it. Anyway. Name of the Wind would totally be my "book std". It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband's employees just know I like to read, so pretty much any book they read, they tell him to tell me about. ;) And I agree, other than similar genre, it's much different! I am really liking it though, and I think I may have to get more into this genre! If you post about it as your Book std, then I'll include a link to your post when I write my review!

      Delete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva