Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bout of Books: I Feel the Need, the Need to Read!

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

 I'm in!  Here are my goals:
Finish Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Finish The Name of the Wind (audio) by Patrick Rothfuss
Read a Christopher Pike book, make an update/link post for my challenge
Read at least 1 book off my TBR shelf.
Cull my bookshelves so I have room for all the BEA goodness I will be bringing home in June.
Update all my challenges
Write a review a day
Schedule posts for when I'll be at BEA
Figure out the BEA app for my phone  I finally figured it out!
And LOTS of commenting!  I've been a slacker for months!
Basically, just kick book ass all week long! ;) 
 

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Your goals are awesome. I particularly appreciate the culling of the bookshelves because there will be, I can imagine, LOTS of BEA goodness coming your way. : )

    Good luck and happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie! I can't wait to post all the BEA goodness that comes my way!

      Delete
  2. Awesome goals! I still need to read Fire & Bitterblue, and how's the audio of TNoTW - I loved that book :) Good luck & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire was even better than Graceling (for me) but Bitterblue is amazing too! Plus, lots of Katsa and Po!

      And I love the audio for The Name of the Wind, I would totally recommend it to anyone daunted by the page #!

      Delete
  3. ... or you could just buy a new bookshelf???

    And yes, I might cut back on my posting schedule so that I can spend more time involved in the book blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to schedule posts during BEA too.

    A post a day? I'm envious. I have about 3 I need to write and I've got nothing lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with this! You can do it!!!

    I really wish that I could have participated in this but I am just WAY too busy this week, and I'm hardly getting any reading done as it is. Next time, though, I'll be all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva