Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Hop Jan 14th

I have the weekend off!  So how am I going to celebrate?  Hmm... 

How about a hop?

It's been awhile since I've had time for a hop, but I only have a short two hour shift at work this afternoon, and then I am blissfully off!  If you want to join in on all the crazy hopping fun, then check out  Crazy For Books.  Actually, check out the blog even if you're not in a hopping mood simply because it's a great book blog.

This week's question comes from Barb who blogs at Sugarbeat's Books:
 
 "Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"

Good question.  I read several different genres but I'm definitely drawn to darker books.  I developed an early love for Stephen King, Christopher Pike and LJ Smith.  So while I read lots of types of books, I really enjoy thrillers or scary stories.  I read YA because it's a genre that I prefer to write about (in my weak, useless attempts at writing).  I almost always read for fun and entertainment.  Just like I prefer watching forensics shows and court tv, I like reading Tess Gerritsen and Dan Wells.  Perhaps reading  Firestarter in grade school has warped my mind a bit... or a lot, either way I appreciate a good book in almost any genre!

What about you, dear hopper/follower?  Any genre you can't imagine not reading?

I haven't done this in a while, but I'm going to keep track of some of the blogs I'm hopping to:
Coffee Tale Reviews
Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer
Ruthi Reads 
Musings of a Bookshop Girl
Books and Vodka 
My Bookish Ways
Peppermint Ph.D.
Abducted By Books (yes, she is one of my bff's, but her blog is awesome, so hop to it! :)






Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I still read R.L. Stine books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer to the hop question. And thanks for hoppin' by my site and leaving a comment. I like your visited links idea and am delighted to be on your list...thank you!

    I'd GFC follow, but it doesn't seem to want to load. Mine used to do same and someone suggested I move it to the top of the column...it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the follow!

    I loved Firestarter too, although in my humble opinion it was one of King's weaker efforts plot-wise. Last year I read one of his newer novels, Duma Key, and it blew me away. Would definitely recommend it if you are in need of a King fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Hoppin' by via the hop! Great blog you have here. Feel free stop by my blog and visit. It is the last weekend of my REVOLUTION giveaway! If you want to enter just check out my right sidebar The Crazy Bookworm

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the blog hop...

    Happy Hopping.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    silversolara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva