Thursday, January 27, 2011

Favoritest Mug

is simply simple.

it pertains to HOT, HOT COFFEE mugs.  well, just one mug. 

Simply post a picture of your very favoritest mug. The one you'd choose to drink from every time if it never needed to spend any time in the dishwasher.  The one you secretly eye whenever your significant other, mother, brother, best friend, [insert other] grabs it from the cupboard and you hold yourself back from snatching it out of their hand and shouting, "Give it back!  It's mine.  All mine!"

Or just one you like almost that much.

You don't have to share anything about the mug, but if you'd like to share the story behind it, well, that would just be an added bonus.  Most of my mugs hold a special significance.  I usually buy one while taking a vacation and have started a collection.

Okay, so here's my favorite mug:

This is my Pico Mundo Grille mug.  I got it from Dean Koontz's site and it's based on the Odd Thomas series (in the beginning Odd is a simple fry cook at the Pico Mundo Grille, although he occasionally dreams of selling tires).  When I bought this several years ago I wasn't that much of a coffee or tea drinker.  Since giving up soda awhile back, coffee has become my major source of caffeine.  I love the literary reference to one of my favorite characters, and I like the size and shape of the mug.  I now have a bit of interesting mug collecting habit, but this one is still my all time favorite!


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. i love the shape of this mug, too! if i had it, my current fave mugs would have some competition.... thanks SO much for participating and sharing your mug with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I've never read the Odd Thomas books. Really, I've heard of them so many times and no one doesn't like them - I need to pick one up!

    Thanks for joining us and great mug shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's the problem with two of us doing the same thing in two different places at the same time. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shape!! I never use the handles so this would be an easy grip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! How fun to have gotten something off of Dean Koontz's site... that'a great Christmas idea for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I like this blogfest. The selection of the perfect coffee/tea mug is very important for the connoisseur. For me, the perfect mug needs to have a certain heft to it. It needs substance, character.

    I like my mugs very much like I prefer my coffee/tea/men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, that mug has such a fun shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool mug! I love to collect things on travels...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Odd series! I didn't even know those mugs existed. I might just have to get one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva