Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out With a Bang WrapUp


I got some of my books read, but not as much as I would have liked.  Yesterday was not a great reading day, but I had a lot of fun anyways!  I couldn't do a lot of the challenges because most of my reading was accomplished at work, but I did enjoy reading other blogger's entries (especially loved the one where they had to create a book cover and summary).  But here's what I did get to:

Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen 
Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
Darkness Under the Sun (novella) by Dean Koontz
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

I really enjoyed the first 3 books, but Pretty Little Liars was a little shallow for me.  The funny thing is, the main character of Here Lies Bridget comes across as a typical, shallow Mean Girl, but through out the book you see glimpses of how she ended up where she is, and her character definitely experienced growth.  Darkness Under The Sun is a novella that introduces us to Koontz's newest villain in his recently released book What The Night Knows.  I'm anxious to read the book now, but wary.  As much as I love Odd Thomas and Relentless, Koontz is often hit or miss with his books.  But I'm encouraged by the novella. :)

2011 is going to be a wonderful reading year for me!  I'm going to start with a book that I began for the Out With A Bang readathon but only read a few pages of- The Radley's by Matt Haig.  And there are so many challenges and read-a-longs to start this month!  I'm doing the Pottterthon, and the Rebecca and Lady in White read-a-longs (check my side bar if you're interested!).  And then there's all the fun reads I got for Christmas!

Now I'm off to master adding Pages to my blog.  

Happy New Years!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us for Out With A Bang!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- it was fun, I just wish I'd had more time off from work!

    Alice- Thanks! 2011 is going to be a great year for the book blogging community- I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva