Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Follow Friday

 Here's an Irish New Year's Blessing:


May the Best thing that happened to you in 2010 be the Worst thing that happens to you in 2011!

This week's Follow Friday question is:

What are your New Years book blogging resolutions?

1. Review more!  I read a lot of books, so far I've read about 224 books (although a few in this list are really novellas), but I didn't even review half of them.  I am fail with reviews.  Part of the reason is that I don't feel I review as often as I should is that I'm still not happy with my review style... but how do I get better if not through review writing?  So more writing, less worry over if the review is the best it could be.  My style will improve through the act of reviewing more... right?

2. Comment more!  I love seeing comments on my site, which are fairly low considering the amount of followers I have... but I digress.  I read so many posts in my Google Reader every day, but I need to make more of an effort to leave thoughtful comments.  I will comment at least 5 times a day, more if I skip a day due to work.  I will not be afraid just to tell someone that I love their post or review.  I don't always have to leave a huge, long comment, but I do need to let a blogger know when I've enjoyed a post they've probably worked hard to produce. 

3. Trick out my blog!  I love my blog design, but I need to learn how to dress it up.  I want to add pages to my blog, so I can keep track of my reviews, my challenges, any giveaways I host, and memes.  There are several bloggers whom I follow that often give out advice and I've already learned so much this last year, so I just need to not be afraid to ask my questions.

4. Twitter more!  I have a twitter account just for this blog.  I use it mainly to tweet during readathons and other events, so when I do occasionally get on  just for casual use I don't feel as part of the book blogging community as I would like to. 

5. Meet authors!  I need to go to book signings, even if they're authors I haven't yet heard of.  I really want to go to more book events as well- like BEA and the Baltimore Book Expo, since that's the closest big event to me.  Or I can visit my friend Bittner in OK, and run down to some of the Texas events. 

6. Complete challenges!  I signed up for a lot of challenges, which I'm doing for many different reasons.  Some of my challenges are ones that fit with my reading habits, others are there to encourage me to not get into reading ruts, and others to force me to put time and effort into my blog. 

7. Be more active in the blogging community! There are so many wonderful bloggers and sites out there, and I'm not even sure if they know how much I look forward to their posts.  So, commenting, tweeting and challenges are all part of this resolution, but I'm also starting to join ARC and book tours... which reminds me, I have to run to the post office and mail off Bright Young Things!

So, book lovers, have a Happy New Years!  Be safe, drink to the health of our favorite authors, and remember that the cure for a hangover is a good book! :)
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Great goals. Many are the same as mine. One of mine is to improve my review -- I do review a lot, but I think my reviews could be better. I think you are right - just start writing - the more you practice the better you will get!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annette! I have a feeling 2011 will be a good year for both our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great resolutions. As you know, some of mine are very similar. I have to somehow find more time in a day!
    I love how you say you'd like to "trick out" your blog lol
    Good luck in all of your challenges and resolutions! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'd love to meet more authors too.
    Happy New Years!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a new follower - I look forward to reading more of your thoughts in 2011. Have a happy! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am a new follower - I look forward to reading more of your thoughts in 2011. Have a happy! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the follow! I am following in return! :D

    I hope you achieve all your resolutions for 2011!!

    Happy new year!!! Wishing you all the best!!

    Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva