Thursday, December 9, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want To Know Wk 15


Meme!  I love a good meme!  And because I am stuffed full with Christmas spirit (seriously, I got some weird looks because I was humming Christmas songs while shopping at Walmart yesterday...Grinches) what's better than a Christmas themed meme?  Um, let me think... oh, yeah, nothing's better than a Christmas themed meme!

Let's cue the Christmas music and sip some warm, yummy peppermint hot chocolate and get to memeing!

WEEK 15 QUESTIONS

1. Do you have an artificial or real Christmas tree?
Artificial, I love real trees but artificial ones are just easier to take care of and I don't worry about it catching on fire.

2. Do you feel you decorate just enough, over the top, or not enough?
Not enough!  My goal is to someday acquire enough Christmas do-hickeys and thingamachigs to make everyone think they're visiting the North Pole when they enter my house.  But we live in an apartment right now, so there's only so much closet space for Christmas decorations.

3. Do you have a favorite Christmas Cookie, if you have a recipe, please share?
Mmm, cookies... For the holidays I really like sugar cookies iced with Christmas designs, but the cookies have to be soft and delicious and the icing has to by yummy.  My Mom makes us Christmas cookies, and she makes the best lemon/cranberry cookies that I just eat up like a non-blue Cookie Monster.  I don't have a recipe to share though, I don't make cookies too often because I have no self-control and most of the cookies are eaten before, during and immediately after they are done baking. Although a really simple cookie idea is to get peanut butter dough by Pillsbury and roll it into balls, shove a miniature reese's peanut butter cup in the center and cook according to the package directions.  It tastes good, and it's easy, plus I'm less likely to eat raw peanut butter cookie dough, although the peanut butter cups are always in peril!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. My favourite Christmas cookie is a snowball...it's basically a sugar cookie dipped in confectioners sugar haha loved your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There!
    I'm with you about Christmas, although I like to finish shopping by the first of December because I don't like all those Grinches ruining my Christmas Spirit! We have carols all waking hours in my house! and a real tree that my husband takes care to water! If you like sugar cookies, check out my recipe....beware, I eat at least a dozen as they are being made....warm cookies are the best! http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the fun. Your blog is beautiful and I am proud to be your newest followers.

    I can't wait until you recreate the North Pole. My husband used to buy so many lights at the hardware store we got a dealer's discount, lol. These days we have really toned down, probably because he is too old to climb up on the roof :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decorate on the inside, but never on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My one concession to Christmas decorating is a wreath on the front door. And who doesn't like a maple pecan shortbread ANY time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I get dirty looks as well but just hum a little louder. ;)

    I absolutely love the peanut butter and reese's combination--I've never thought to buy the pre-made dough to use! Great suggestion. We're having our annual family bake day tomorrow--10 recipes I think. Will be crazy, but like you I eat the goodies so I'll be giving most of them away.

    Happy holidays. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva