Thursday, December 9, 2010

2011 Read Me, Baby, 1 More Time Challenge!

This graphic is brought to you by the amazing Lori!

Tis' the season for challenges, and I'm feeling the love! 

This is my very first time hosting a challenge but I'm super excited to give it a shot.  Here's what the challenge is about:


Read Me Baby, 1 More Time is for those of you who love to re-read your favorite books or those of you who want to re-visit a book from your past.  The rules are simple, for a book to qualify you simply have to have read it at least once before, and the re-read has to be complete.  For instance, there are some books I re-read from cover to cover, and there are other books that I just read certain scenes from when I need a little comfort-before-bed reading.  Just reading a few scenes doesn't count for this challenge.

Here's the tiers for you to choose from:

Trip Down Memory Lane: 1-3 re-reads
Reliving the Past: 4-8 re-reads
Back To The Future: 9-12 re-reads
Groundhog Day Reader: 13-20 re-reads

Any more total re-reads than that and maybe it's time to do a TBR challenge!

Here's how to participate:
  • Blog a post about this challenge and link below in Mr. Linky.  It can include any re-reads you are looking forward to in 2011.
  • Feel free to grab a button (mine was made by the awesomely wonderful Lori at Pure Imagination) 
    and put it in your sidebar.
  • Sign up on Mr. Linky below with your blog post link.
  • Once a month I'll post a new Read Me Baby, 1 More Time post for you to link any updated re-read reviews or posts.  Feel free to send them to me at any time though, just post them in any of my post comments and I'll add them.
  • Don't have a blog?  No problem!  Sign up using Goodreads, Amazon, Shelfari, or just review in the comments of the Challenge posts.

    Okay, so that's the challenge.  There will be random prizes every 3 months for any active participants and the prizes will range from bookmarks to journals and gift cards.  At the end of the year there will be a special prize pack that everyone who participated at some time in the year will be eligible for.

    Any books you read for other challenges will be eligible as long as it's a re-read.  I'm doing the Stephen King challenge (check my sidebar if you're interested!) and most of the books for that challenge are one's I've read before.  I have no problem with you killing two or more challenges with one book!





Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. I don't normally reread books unless I REALLY love them, but I think this is a really interesting concept for a challenge. I don't think I could read more than 3 over again, though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I'm considering a reread-a-month in the new year...just because. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of this challenge got "Hit Me Baby One More Time" stuck in my head. Putting that aside, I have so many books I'd like to reread. I'll stop by later and sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for signing up!! And Whitney, sorry about the challenge title, but I could have gone for Oops I Read It Again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question... okay this might be a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway... do audio books count? For example, I have been tossing around the idea of "rereading" Odd Thomas in the new year. Now, as you know, I didn't physically READ Odd a couple of years ago but I listened to the audio version. So if I actually READ it in 2011 would it qualify for this particular challenge or no? If no, will you allow it to qualify since it is Odd Thomas after all and you've been trying to get me to continue on with that series for like 2 years now?

    I will still join up either way. Just thought I would ask :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, audio books count! And Odd Thomas always counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I so wanted to do this in the new year anyway. I've got so many great books that I want to reread and review, since my blog is new. Great challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just dropped you a comment in your other post about the2011 Stephen King Challenge :) Glad I decided to explore this Read me Baby One More Time challenge! Seeing as most of my SK books will be rereads, and seeing as you don't mind the same books being part of other challenges, well count me in! I'll do a post/official entry in a few days' time.

    ... and I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes it a point to reread books :) Rereaders unite!! :)

    *lynne*

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I've been looking for an excuse to reread my favorites, and this is exactly what I need! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like fun. I love to re-read favorite books and now I will have an additional reason to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like fun - i haven't done challenges before this year, so this will be interesting. and the title of the challenge makes me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay looking forward to this! I'm going to be a WHOLE lotta re-reading this year anyways, so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't see the Mr. Linky! Great idea for a challenge though. I'm joining in! Here's my post: http://www.theintrovertedreader.com/2010/06/read-me-baby-1-more-time-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I signed up :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I signed up - that will be fun! :")

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting such a cool challenge! I'm in!

    Thought I was going to have to host a re-read myself as I couldn't find any... and then stumbled on yours.

    I'm really looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to join up for this, since I have already started to reread one of my favourite series! Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm French and I'd just discovered your challenge (fun title ! Love it ;). As I love re-reading books, I'm joining in.
    I'll try to translate the concerned reviews in english (wish me good luck ! :S).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, can't find the post to leave review posts for this challenge but maybe I'm not loooking properly :)

    Anyhoo, just posted my re-read review for the Interview with a vampire :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun challenge idea! I love rereading some of my favorite books, and I've been planning to reread some so I can write reviews, so I'm totally in!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been looking for a review page too...but here's my first review nonetheless:

    Green Rider by Kristen Britain

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely have to join this challenge! I absolutely love re-reading my favorite books. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kate: Oops, sorry. I gave the wrong link in the Linky thingy. The actual link should be http://sugarpeach.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/2011-read-me-baby-1-more-time-challenge/. Can you please change it? Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This challenge fits right in with something that I was already planning on doing this year, so I'm really glad that I found it.

    I love rereading books so thank you for hosting this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would like to do this one but with the other challenges and my huge tbr I am not sure I can. Sounds great though so many not now but not no ever

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been dying to reread some of my favorites!!! I don't see the linky thing, so I hope it's not too late to join up, but here's my post:

    http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/2011/05/read-me-baby-1-more-time-reading.html


    Thanks for the awesome reading challenge!!!!

    (\__/)nymfaux

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clearly I'm waaaaayyyy late. But I just found your blog. And I'm glad I did because I was going to do host exact challenge for 2012. Oh well, I'll have to come up with something else.

    -Shannn

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva