Sunday, December 5, 2010

Delirious over Delirium!

Amazing! I loved this book, loved the characters, loved the plot line. This is the first book I read by Lauren Oliver, but I plan on rushing over to Amazon to download her first novel. I loved the characters! Lena, Hanna, Alex, and Gracie were all so well drawn. Dystopia YA novels are all over the place these days, but this one definitely stands out from the pack. In a future where love is considered a disease, the government forces every 18 year old to have a procedure that "cures" you of love. Lena is just months away from her own procedure when she meets Alex and everything she thought she knew, the truths she believed in, begin to crumble around her.

I cannot recommend this book enough.  In fact, I thought I had already reviewed this on my blog, only to realize I never actually wrote the review down, I just blabbed and talked and swooned over it with friends, family, and a few lucky strangers standing behind me at the Wal-Mart pharmacy.

I received a copy of Delirium thanks to the folks at netGalley, but my opinion is my own.  My opinion being that you need to read this book. 

Delirium gets a Midnight Book Rating of Midnight read!  The story will have you up all night, turning pages in feverish pace to find out what happens next.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. If it's a must read for you, then it's a must read for me! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva