Monday, December 13, 2010

Last Reads in 2010

Christmas is just around the corner and New Years will be here before we know it!  Are there books you're hoping to get finished before the end of 2010?  Here's my list:

I'm a third of the way into One Day, and I actually need to finish it by Thursday because it's my book club selection.  I wasn't so sure of it in the beginning, but it's got me hooked now.  Me and my friend Bittner (at Abducted By Books)  will be doing a joint post on One Day, because despite the fact we live in separate states we're still book buddies. 






The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I've been reading this off and on for awhile.  Love the first two movies, and even looking forward to the American re-make, as I remain ever hopeful that it won't suck.  I'm reading this on my Kindle, but I wish I had bought the paperback as I keep forgetting everyone's relationship in the family.  *sigh*  It would be nice to just flip to the front of the book and check it out.






Plum Lovin' and Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich are another two book I'd like to finish by 2010.  I was trying to read the books and the between the number books in order, but I misplaced Plum Lovin', so I've recently finished Lean Mean Thirteen, so it's time to catch up.  Not that I'm really all that into Diesel, I'm a Morelli girl, but the Plum books are good for some entertainment.  As bored as I am with Stephanie's back and forth between Joe and Ranger, I still love the exploits of Grandma and Lula.  And the food!  Of course it always makes me want donuts and junk food, but at least I can eat vicariously through the main characters (another reason Ranger and I would never work out, seriously he eats waaaaaaaaay too healthy for my tastes!)


There's a few others I've got my eye on, but I always make my reading expectations to high as anyone who's ever seen my overly ambitious readathon piles can attest to.  Here's the other stragglers I'd like to dispatch in 2010:













So what books are lingering in your 2010 pile?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. My TBR pile - which is usually high enough to double as a bedside table - has diminished considerably over the past few months due to my resolution to stop spending money on books until I read the ones I already own.

    1. The Pillow Book by Sei Shonagon
    2. Keeping Corner by Kashmira Seth
    3. A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva