Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Like My Turkey With Desert

Sorry I've been MIA, I wish I could blame it on NaNoWriMo, but sadly my extreme work schedule got in the way of that.  I do home health care, and my one client has become 24/7 recently, so the past few weeks I've been mostly at work.

The good news is that reading and work often compliment one another. 

I recently finished Christopher Pike's The Secret of Ka.  Now long time followers will know that I hold Pike in high esteem.  He was my favorite author when I was a young teen, and I've continued to follow him into my adulthood. 

The Secret of Ka has a slightly younger heroine then I'm used to in Pike's books- she's only 15.  Yet, like a true Pike mc, she's wise beyond her years.  The story takes place in the Middle East where Sara discovers a true magic carpet and begins to discover her own destiny.  I was surprised by how quickly I was drawn into the book, which is the first in a series.  The Secret of Ka has a lot of mysticism and mythology that I've come to expect in recent Pike novels, but for this story it really works and I found the story interesting.  Not sure how I feel about the love interest for Sara, but time will tell.  I definitely plan on reading the next book in the series, although I'll have a bit of a wait!


The Secret of Ka gets a Midnight Book rating of 10pm, it's not a perfect book, but it held my interest and kept me guessing. 

**It should be pointed out that there seems to be a lot of errors in the book in regards to the country of Turkey, from the culture to the landscape.  I don't know, I've never been to Turkey nor have I studied it.  The errors certainly didn't deter from my enjoyment of the book, but I felt the need to point out that you shouldn't judge all of Turkey based of this novel. **

***One of the big complaints is that the country of Turkey does not have any deserts, hence my blog title***
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva