Monday, December 6, 2010

Show Me The Free!

Yup, I did it again.  I feel like a celebrity who keeps ending up back in rehab, only without all the royalties they still receive from back when they were sober enough to make a good living.  *sigh*

Which is why Show Me The Free Reading Challenge is ideal for me!  I have lots of free books downloaded unto my Kindle, but most have remained untouched since their "purchase".  This may be the year of challenges for me... like a year long readathon without break.  I'm shooting for at least 12 free ebooks read in 2011.  I know I can do this!

Speaking of readathon, I can't wait until April!


And then this morning I saw this challenge:

Here's the description of the challenge:

Here's How It Works

Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
  1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
  2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
  3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
  4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
  5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
  6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.

Seriously, how can I resist?  Plus, the chances I'll read at least 6 books this next year that fit these categories are very, very likely.  If I had done this challenge in 2010 I totally would have completed it!  So head over to here and sign up if you think you'd like to give it a shot, a lot of people are participating.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for the What's In A Name challenge as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva