Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cozies, Chocolate and Christmas!

Okay, I'm hyper and feeling the holiday spirit!  Plus, I keep signing up for more challenges.  I've been working a lot of long hours lately, although fortunately reading books is practically part of my job.  So far this year I've read 110 books, but I didn't do so good at reviewing many of them.  I hope to change that in the new year.  Signing up for challenges is just a way for me to get my review mojo flowing.  And I'm actually getting requests from publishers to review books!  I don't know what amazing book goddess is smiling on me, but thank you amazing book goddess!

So here's a challenge I'm really looking forward to:

I like mysteries and thrillers, horror and drama, but I've never read a "cozy" mystery.  I want to.  I'm 33, I like coffee, I should be reading some cute cozies!  So, feel free to recommend some really good ones... please!

Here's how the challenge works:

1. Choose the level you wish to participate:

Level 1 - Snoop - Read 1-6 books
Level 2 - Investigator - Reading 7-12 books
Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books

2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011.

3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.

4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!

5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.

6. Take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below...Please use the link of challenge post, not the link to your home page.

Have fun!

NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books.

I'm going to commit to Snoop, although secretly I'm aiming at Investigator as I have a feeling if I start a good series I won't be able to stop.

Other challenges I've recently signed up for:

I really don't think this will be a problem considering the amount of challenges I'm participating in!


Not only do I love HP, but it goes nicely with my Re-Reading Challenge!


I love audio books, and I have a bunch I need to listen to, so this will be fun to finally make myself make time for them.


And a BIG THANKS to my Broke and Bookish Secret Santa, Sarah Says!  Here's my awesome package she sent me:

First, she sent me The Forest of Hands and Teeth!  I don't know how I haven't bought this for myself, but somehow it's never happened.  I cannot wait to read this!  She also got me two very gorgeous book mark charms that were in a very cute plaid bag.  And chocolate!  Sarah also sent me an adorable Christmas card... which I neglected to think of when I sent my package to my secret santa recipient... 

But thank you, Sarah, it was a wonderfully thoughtful gift and I love it! Hope you got what you wanted for Christmas too.  :)

That's it for this post, sorry for the length.  We're expecting snow tomorrow, and possibly quite a lot of it.  Perfect book reading weather!  Keep warm, bloggers, and for those of you in warmer climates, feel free to invite me for a stay. ;)





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I remember looking at the Hands and Teeth book when I was trying to select my book for book club, although I don't remember why I didn't pick it. You'll have to let me know if you like it:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva