Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stephen King and Me in 2011!

How much do I love Stephen King?  I don't know if it can be measured or even described in any known ways or words available at this time.  It's a lot. 

So I was excited to join in the Book Chick City Stephen King 2011 Challenge!  Mostly because of the creepy button (oh, Pennywise, I do love you too, you crazy, child-eating,killer clown!). 


The challenge is to read at least 6 King books.  The problem is, I've read almost every book ever written by Stephen King, including his new collection of novellas (which was brilliant!  more on that later!).  However, there are a few books I've not finished, or want to re-visit.

1. Lisey's Story- for some reason I have never finished this book.  I don't know why.  It makes me sad, so I will start over and finish it in 2011!

2. Cycle of the Werewolf- I read this one years ago at a bookstore.  But I finally scored my own copy of it off of Paperback Swap so this might be the first King book I read in the New Year. 

3. It- because I re-read this book often.  I actually re-read it this year, but I don't think I can ever get enough of the Loser's club!

4. Insomnia- I started re-reading this book this year, but got side tracked, so I'll start over again.  I read it the first time my freshman year of college, and I remember freaking out, wondering if I had insomnia myself.  It'd be nice to re-read with a clear, adult mind not be-fuddled by lack of sleep.

5. Eyes of the Dragon- this has got to be one of my all time favorite King books, and it's one I often recommend to people who claim that they don't like Stephen King books.  It's a wonderful adult fairy tale!

6. The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub- I read this book a long time ago, but during the last readathon I read the first volume of the graphic novel and I don't mind saying that I was a bit lost.  And the fact that Jack's mom's last name is the same as my maiden name doesn't hurt any!

Other books I hope to get around to:

On Writing- started and never finished because King sets up a short story prompt that I have yet to complete, so I feel I need to finish the short story before I allow myself to pick the book up again.  I'm not going to tell you how long it's been.... but it's been at least a decade.


Dolores Claiborne- I love the voice of this novel.  Just love it!

I recently re-read Cujo, The Stand and Needful Things, so I won't be re-visiting those.  But I never know what King book is going to call to me. Cell might get a re-read, it's been awhile.  And I don't think I've ever finished his Danse Macabre

This might actually be a challenge I'll complete!  Any excuse to re-read a Stephen King book!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. My favorites are The Dark Half and Mysery. Cujo is also a favorite, but I see you just read that. I just don't think I'll have time to re-read them at this point in my life, but I'm looking forward to it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't read Misery or The Dark Half in years! Might have to add them to the ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever read The Stand!

    I loved IT the movie---Penny Wise freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Felicia, if you're ever only going to read one Stephen King novel that's one of the very best ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just signed up for the 2011 Stephen King Challenge too (I'm #68!), and am dropping by to visit other participants.

    Have you read the Dark Tower series? That's my main re-read task for 2011, so this SK challenge fits right in for me :)

    Looking forward to your choice of reads, and reviews!
    *lynne*

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva