Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Two More Challenges for 2011

That's right, I am signing up for even more challenges! 

First up is Midnyte Reader's Dusty Volumes Challenge:

  • Include a list of the Dusty Volumes you hope to read in 2011.  They should have a publishing date before 1960.  You can add, subtract or change the list at anytime.
     
     
    Here's a partial list of books I hope to read to get me started:
    The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
    Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
    Nine Stories by JD Salinger
     
    So far all the challenges I've signed up for are ones that more or less go along with my reading patterns.  However, I really want to push myself to be a better blogger in 2011... and that means reviews!  So, I'm scared, but I'm also signing up for Read'n'Review's 2011 Read'n'Review Challenge:
     
    The goal is to:

    * review each book you read between January 1st and December 31st of the current year.
    * PLEASE keep your reviews clean & respectful ~ these books we read are the hard work of an author, and we don’t need to be mean. Even if you didn’t like the book, please try to find something you can say that would be encouraging to the author.
    * reviews can be as short, or long, as you wish
    * you MAY overlap with other challenges
    * eBooks and Audiobooks ARE allowed
    * if there will be spoilers in your review, please note this in the subject line of your post so that those who don’t want to read them can skip that review. Thank you.

    *gulp*  I can do this, right?  2011 is a new year, and if I really want to get the most out of my reading, than reviewing is going to be the area that I need to focus on.  As a nurse assistant, I work with a lot of elderly people with cognitive impairment, and it's important to me to leave behind my thoughts and ideas and words because someday they may be all I have to remind me of the person I was.

    Ick, that's a bit depressing, but you get the point.  Also, how awesome for future generations of my family to stumble across my blog, see that I read lots of horror, thrillers and YA and nod to themselves, as if to say, "Yup, that explains soooooo much about crazy great-aunt Kate". :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva