Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sundays In Bed With... The Madman's Daughter

Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme! The meme that dares to ask, what book has been in your bed this morning?  Come share what book you've spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today!


This morning I'm reading:
 The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

It's based on The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells and I'm about 125 pages into it- so far so good!  It starts off at King's College in England, and while I can't explain what I find so fascinating about early surgery and medical schools, the author delivers a bit of it to us.  I do know this will be part of a series- is anyone else getting tired of every YA book turning into a series?- and while I'm enjoying it so far, I'm just not sure how this is going to be stretched over multiple books... but if the covers are all this gorgeous than I may read them for that fact alone!  This is an arc, but it comes out soon- January 29th, 2013!

 What are you reading (or wish you had time to read) this morning?  Link up below!


 
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Look! I linked up today ;) I am also tired of everything being a series. Especially when it seems like it's being overly stretched out. Hopefully this is the case with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tired of everything being a series. If I hear a book is a standalone, I am THAT much more inclined to pick it up. It's seems standalones are a rare commodity these days.

    I'm also in the middle of reading The Madman's Daughter. It's a bit slow for me right now. I did like the beginning, with the creepy vivisection scene. But now I'm at the part where they're on the boat and it's kind of slowing down. I hope it picks up soon. I really loved Dr Moreau, so I'm determined to love this one.

    Have a great holiday :)

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you enjoy this one. I'm going to check it out because although I haven't read The island of Dr Moreau, this sounds like a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one too and am very excited to read it!
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a copy of it too and can't wait to read it...it's on my list for January!

    I don't mind everything being part of a series, what I hate is that the authors draw it out so long...by the time the next book comes out, you've read so many other books that are also part of a series that you've forgotten what happened in the last book of the series you're currently reading. Ya know? LOL!

    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really curious about this one, so can't wait for your review. Also... I love series, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo so excited for this book Kate! I'm glad to know you're enjoying it so far. I can't even remember the last YA book I read that wasn't going to be a part of a series, so I've just sort of accepted the fact that I'll pretty much always have questions in my YA books that go unanswered until the next book comes out:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover of this one. Looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva