Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sundays In Bed With... Pretty Girl 13

Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme! The meme that dares to ask, what book has been in your bed this morning?  Come share what book you've spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today!

This Sunday I'll be at work. :(  It's a small sacrifice in order to have the rest of the Sundays this month off, but I'm working two shifts.  Luckily, I'll probably find time to read.  I'll be finishing up We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver- we met at book club and discussed it, but I have about 50 more pages to read.  It should be noted that out of six of us,  only one of us finished it.  It's not a bad book, but most of us had trouble connecting to the main character.  The beginning was very difficult for me, because I was rolling my eyes so much it was hard to keep them on the page (Shriver's thesaurus got quite the work out) but once I got beyond the first 100 pages or so, the pace picked up.  

Once I finish the end of We Need To Talk About Kevin, I'll be curling up with...


Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley.  I started this yesterday, and the beginning was a bit weird, but I really love the concept and I'm looking forward to seeing where the author is going with this. 

 What are you reading (or wish you had time to read) this morning?  Link up below!
  
 
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. The "eye roll", lol! That is my true test. If I'm rolling my eyes, you're in trouble. Either I don't believe you, I think you're cheesy or I think you're ridiculous. Or you just annoy me. And this is only talking about books!

    I'm going to look up the books you mentioned above and see what they're about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - in some of my reviews I mention the "eye roll"...would love to make it a feature or "thing" on my blog one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO JEALOUS. I WANT TO READ PRETTY GIRL 13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed it! Glad you finished We Need To Talk About Kevin as I will probably not. I've been a bad book clubber this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I was so late to read this one, but try not to work too hard!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva