Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors New to me in 2012

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

December 11: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012

From Goodreads

1. Laini Taylor-  she is absolutely amazing, and I am very much looking forward to whatever she writes in the future, and I definitely plan on making her a auto-buy author.  

From Goodreads
2. Gillian Flynn- I had heard of her books before, but Gone Girl is the first novel I've read by her, and I can't wait to read her other books!
From Goodreads
3. John Green- yup, this was the year I finally read a John Green book!  I read An Abundance of Katherines, Will Grayson, Will Grayson and The Fault in Our Stars.  It should be a no surprise that I'm a fan for life now!
From Goodreads
4. Kendare Blake- She blew me away with Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares and I plan on reading anything she cares to churn out!
From Goodreads
5. Gretchen McNeil- I met her at BEA and she was so nice and adorable.  I really enjoyed Ten, but Possess was definitely one of my favorite reads of 2012.  I am very much looking forward to her upcoming releases!

From Goodreads
6. Karin Slaughter- I love a good thriller, but I read my first one from Slaughter (I got the audio of Criminal (Will Trent #7) at BEA) this year and I loved it.  Criminal made me really appreciate being a woman born in the late 70's- if you want to know just how bad it sucked back in the day before women could have credit cards or rent apartments without their father's signature, then you just need to read how Will's boss Amanda started off in the police department. 
From Goodreads
7. Ernest Cline- Ready Player One is one of all time favorite reads of 2012, and I'm hoping his future books will be just as awesome. 
From Goodreads
8. Gail Carriger- wow, Soulless blew me away, and I'm very excited to continue the series.
From Goodreads
9. Laura Moriarty- her book The Chaperone was one of my favorite reads this year too.  

From Goodreads
10. Stephanie Perkins- I'm sorry I didn't read Anna and the French Kiss sooner, and I'm even sadder that I haven't read Lola and the Boy Next Door yet!


What are some of your favorite new authors?
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Ah we have a few in common! I also had Kendare as I loved the Anna books, and it was also my first year reading John Green (although I only got to read TFIOS and part of AAOK).

    Can't believe I forgot Gillian Flynn, I loved Gone Girl!

    Great list :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list with some new-to-me authors :-) But I've read quite a few too, and loved their books - Blake, Cline and Laini Taylor (loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone to pieces)!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had quite a few of the same on my list!
    New follower
    Here's my top ten

    http://juliababyjenreadingroom.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling I'll have quite a few of yours on my list next year. I'm determined to read at least Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins and John Green.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with so many of these, but I have one burning question: DUDE WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ PAPER TOWNS?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the year I finally read a John Green book too. I've read Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars. He's amazing.

    And Stephanie Perkins! Oh my gosh, I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I see some familiar faces and some new ones.

    And seriously, please make Paper Towns one of your New Years Resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laini Taylor is an incredible writer! As is John Green, his book Looking for Alaska is amazing if you haven't read it! I also loved Anna and the French Kiss and I'm hoping to read some Gail Corriger next year!

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-newbie-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. John Green I was very impressed with, only read Fault in Stars and loved it, will read others for sure.

    I have Laini T's debut to read, I look forward to that one.

    A few others I am intrigued with but still on the fence.

    I love thrillers so KarinS is a definite read but I haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gillian Flynn is addicting.

    I still need to read Ernest Cline's Ready Player One. It is just sitting in my bookcase.

    I enjoyed your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I've either read the authors books (and loved them as well) or I have their books on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very happy that John Green made your list along with some other faces that are familiar to me! Ready Player One is on my tbr list for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva