Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Before I Fall Review

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
From Goodreads:

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.
Instead, it turns out to be her last.
Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.
 
My Thoughts:  Lauren Oliver won me over with Delirium. I'm a bit sad I didn't read Before I Fall first but I really loved this book, despite that it was a more depressing version of Groundhog Day. I fell in love with Kent as Sam did, I was able to see past the bitchiness of Lindsay, to see the hurt, insecure girl behind the surface nastiness. Watching minor characters like Anna and Juliet and even little Izzy get their chance to shine was wonderful. The ending got to me, there were tears. It's a great book for a rainy day!

Before I Fall gets a Midnight Rating of 11pm.   

Now for the Dollar Bin Horror Movie Challenge!
Day 08 - Your favorite anthology:

Campfire Tales.  I love short horror movies, as much as I love reading them! It's also got Glenn Quinn, who is sorely missed in the acting world, and James Marsden.  Classic scary tales brought to life on the big screen, does it get much better?  Of course, as this is a book blog, I have to recommend a great scary tales anthology- Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghost, hands down.




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I have Before I Fall, but haven't read it yet. Gotta get to that!

    I loved 20th Century Ghosts. I also loved Heart Shaped Box. I heard mixed things on Horns, so I haven't read it yet. But probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Horns, even more than Heart Shaped Box. Joe Hill's a strange guy, although how could he not be with a dad like that, and he's a brilliant writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me intrigued by the comparison to Groundhog Day (great movie), but more depressing? huh? I usually trust you when it comes to books though so I'll have to consider this one for my tbr pile.
    Delirium is one of those books that has been on my radar for a while but I haven't given it much thought yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I just couldn't get into BEFORE I FALL. The MC just really got on my nerves. :/ I made it about 100 pages in, and I had to put it down. Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book. I wish I liked Delirium as much.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva