Saturday, March 26, 2011

Book Thief and Day 4

I just finished reading The Book Thief...

                                        It was amazing...

                                                             That's all that needs to be said.


The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak
From Goodreads:
It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .

Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.


The Book Thief gets a Midnight Book Rating of Midnight.  My book club meets tonight to discuss it, and I just hope I don't start crying.  I'm still a little shaken up.  That's what an amazing read should feel like.



Okay, moving on, it's Day 4 of the Dollar Bin Horror 30 day challenge!
 
Day 04 - Your favorite werewolf film: Underworld

You know, I wasn't a huge fan of the werewolf when I was younger.  I'm a vampire girl to the bone.  I liked An American Werewolf in London, liked Wolf, but I never thought of werewolves as hot until Underworld.  Of course it helps to have the smoldering yumminess of Michael Sheen and Scott Speedman to make a case for werewolves being sexy and superior to vampires.










See what I mean?  Love them werewolf boys!











Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to add The Book Thief to my tbr pile immediately. Of course, I can't go buy it until my actual TBR pile starts to decrease a little but if I stumble upon it at the library I will get it for sure!

    I only saw the 1st Underworld movie, I remember I liked it but that was when it was in theaters and I never paid any attention to it after that.

    I know it isn't one of your favorites, but I still stand by Wolfman. I think, because of where I was at in my life when I saw it, that made me LOVE it and be blind to all of its flaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so back and forth with The Book Thief. I want to read it, I don't want to read it... I want to read it and so on!

    Totally going to READ it this time! No excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best description. The Book Thief is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, while I'm still a total goldfish, I hadn't actually made it to the part where they said a certain charcter would die, so it still was a surprise for me! That being said, I sat through all of Titanic scared that Kate Winslet was going to die, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva