Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thrusday Tea


\
Happy Thursday!  Thought I'd forgo my usual cup of coffee this morning and instead grab a current book I'm reading and a cup of tea!  This meme is hosted by Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog .

All you need is a book and a cup of tea to participate!

The Book: Started Early, Took My Dog by  Kate Atkinson.  

I signed up to participate in a blog review for this book solely on the strength of the title of the book.  It caught my fancy.  I didn't know it was part of an ongoing series, but so far that hasn't seemed to make a difference.  I'm still in the early pages (60 of 385), so I'm still getting introduced to the main players.  Jackson Brodie is an interesting character, and I love that he puts a man bullying a poor dog in his place.  Of course he ends up with the dog, echoing Tracy Waterhouse's earlier, and completely unexpected, rescue and purchase.  I still have no idea where this book is going, but I know I want to come along!

The Tea:  Peppermint Tea!  Right now, as part of my complicated diet, I'm not drinking milk.  I like milk in my coffee and black tea.  The only way I can drink tea sans milk is to find really yummy teas, and peppermint is my absolute favorite.  I almost feel like the grown up my license states I am.     



So what's your current read?  And if your a tea drinker, what's your flavor?


And now for Day 9 of Dollar Bin Horror Movie Challenge!

Day 09 - Your favorite exploitation / grind house type film:

Death Proof!

I'm sad to say I don't watch much of these kinds of films so I'm going to have to go with Death Proof.  I love any Tarantino movie- the guy's a freaking, freaky genius, and I love the girl power at the end.  The movie also as the super amazing Zoe Bell  in it (as an actress and not just a stunt double).  My husband thinks I'm crazy, he totally thought I'd prefer Planet Terror, but I love, love, love when the victim goes all kamikazee on the killer.  I Spit on Your Grave would probably be second, but I have major problems with some of the plot line in that movie.






I heard that they did a remake of this film, but I don't think I'll ever get around to watching it.  Once with the original was more than enough. 








Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Still reading Scarlet Feather!

    You know I never did return that movie...guess I'm stuck with it now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva