Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ten About Ten: Two

From Goodreads.com
Ten 
by Gretchen McNeil
Expected Publication: 09.18.2012
From Goodreads:
 And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?


I first read Ten right after I got back from BEA.  It was a book I was very excited about, even more so after meeting the adorable author and getting my book signed.  I thought instead of just doing a review I'd list ten things I loved about Ten by Gretchen McNeil in the next month and a half before it's September 18th release.

Check out my Ten About Ten: One post here.

 #2 of 10 Things I Loved About Ten by Gretchen McNeil:

Here's the second thing I love about Ten: the campaign!  I have never been apart of an actual book campaign before (I was a little slow to read Divergent and the whole Insurgent thing confused the heck out of me and blew my Google Reader up!), and I was already dedicated to doing this Ten About Ten posts just because I thought the book was so much fun and Gretchen McNeil is so cute and deserving of many, many fans, so joining the campaign to get the word out about the book?  No brainer!

If you're interested in helping Ten get some love, then go to The Army of Ten and get started!  Right now I'm working on my Sergeant badge, so I'm posting about it in order to earn the rank.


 Don't you think this would look good on me? ;)  Seriously though, a book army is pretty much the only army that will be asking me to sign up, although I'd be great to have on your team if you're stuck in a horror movie/zombie apocalypse.  It's pretty much what I've trained for all these years, but I'm a slow, clumsy runner, so chances are I'll get killed/eaten first.  Lucky you.

Interested in Ten yet?  It doesn't come with a puppy or cookies, but you can always tell your family that it came with both. ;)
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. In a perfect world, I would have read this already. Sigh... where is all my time going? This weekend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny Kate! I've never been a part of a book campaign but maybe someday! You are doing a great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the Insurgent campaign drove me a little nuts. I am hoping that this one will be a little less in your face for other people. But I am doing it anyway because I freaking loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read this!!!!
    Look forward to watching you move up the ranks. Drop and give me ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this pop up twice on my reader yesterday :) Y'all have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to join this Army of Ten, too. I've wanted to read it for a while, and I know that you really loved it, and so did Kim, so that made me want to read it even more. I'm thinking about choosing it as my next selection for book club, because I'm hosting in October, and we try to do spooky stuff in October. Good luck with the Army! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this book! I may have to bump it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva